Re: [woodheat] Digest Number 136

  • Ken Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2001
      Regarding "wood insert", let me describe things a
      little better. I have a metal, factory built
      fireplace. It is lined with fire brick, no smoke
      chamber. It built in flush to the wall. The
      fireplace in framed in but not the flue. The flue is
      metal, 10" inside diameter, and it is on the outside
      of the house. It is about 45' high. I would like
      to install either a wood burning fireplace insert, or
      a wood stove in it. I guess my question would be: Do
      I have to install a flue liner inside the existing
      flue? The fireplace works just fine as it is, but
      will it draft properly with the above modifications?
      Thanx for all your input,
      KGBrown

      === message truncated ===

      =====