Re: [woodheat] Re: Sawing small branches and sticks

  • BRIAN POLIKOWSKY
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 18, 2012
      Th Jaws one is on my wish list....... we just had to replace our  chain saw so not in the budget for now but maybe someday.......
      I saw them in an infomercial by the way.

      Alex Polikowsky

    • nedn46@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 18, 2012
        If I was to do this, I would exchange the triple wall for a class a insulated chimney. In a chase it may keep the flue gasses higher and give a little better protection in the case of a chimney fire. The other thing that I like about the full refit listed below is that when you are done, you know exactly how it is built.

        Good luck,

        Sam

        --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, Steve Nadramia <snad5393@...> wrote:

        > I had a similar situation with my house when I bought it.  My solution was to completely remove the ZC woodburning stove and its pipe (double wall)
        > which was enclosed in a sheetrock chase in my living room.  I replaced the old pipe with triple wall inside the chase and where the old metal fireplace was located I did some re-framing and tile work and built a hearth for my new wood stove.  Now it is an attractive traditional wood stove set up.  My calculations at the time were that it was roughly the same price as a specialized insert and would provide better heat and a simpler system.
        > Good luck.
        > Steve

      • Ken Meinken
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 18, 2012
          On Feb 18, 2012, at 4:00 PM, nedn46@... wrote:

          > If I was to do this, I would exchange the triple wall for a class a insulated chimney. In a chase it may keep the flue gasses higher and give a little better protection in the case of a chimney fire.

          I was thinking exactly the same thing.

          Keeping the flue warmer will reduce creosote and also probably improve the draft.

          Ken