Wind

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      I never thought I'd have need for a fire most of the day in May, but we've had a lot of damp wind today and the last few days. I'm burning very light weight punky old aspen, what I've called marshmallow wood. I get a lot of heat in a short period of time with this wood. It leaves a fine powdered ash , but no chunks of coals. The weather has been less conducive for splitting wood than it is in Jan or Feb when it is clear and crisp and zero degrees. But my flowers are coming up! Andy

    • BRIAN POLIKOWSKY
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2011
        No kidding Andy! I cannot believe I am having to get my insert going on May 1st!!
        A couple weeks ago we had to get an Elm down to keep the house warm.
        I should be putting wood away for next Winter and not using it all!
        All together we have saved over $2000 in fuel this winter.. that is more than half of what we paid 'for our
         new insert last fall. We are so glad we got it!
        Stay warm!

        Alex Polikowsky