Re: [woodheat] Electric Splitter

  • Scott Perkins
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      hard to beat this deal....
      http://www.pcfetch.com/ls7t52a.htm

      --- On Mon, 2/28/11, Bud <gbudsam@...> wrote:

      From: Bud <gbudsam@...>
      Subject: Re: [woodheat] Electric Splitter
      To: woodheat@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 28, 2011, 9:47 AM

      I'll second that vote for the Ryobi.  I recently bought a larger gas-powered
      splitter, but that's only because the Ryobi struggles through the larger stuff
      (20" length and 20" plus diameter) that's it's just not made for. For what
      you're doing, it's perfect.

      One thing: If you plan to split, say, more thana couple of cords, it'll be
      pretty slow going.

      Bud

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
        Here is another dealfor a gas powered beast.
        $1700 is a pretty good price.
        http://www.pcfetch.com/ls37b.htm

        Alan

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
          I always said vertical splitters were the best since you can just roll the
          big log chunks around  but man this thing is tempting !

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUtgAiEPhc0

          I have a 15 year old Northern Hydralic  20 ton splitter that converts
          horz or vert and I want to see if I can get an adapter that will cut
          into four pieces instead of just two.
          Scott

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
            Take a look at the link I posted to a gas engine 42 ton splitter for $1700.
            It comes with an adaptor that will cut four ways.
            There is a good picture of it.
            You could have one made or make one yourself.

            Alan