Re: [woodheat] 200 # LP Tank Size

  • F G
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
      I did read that. Someone talking about heat coming up the staircase.

      Alan <rustaholic777@...> wrote: You wouldn't be confused if you had read my last post titled,
      Re: [woodheat] Re: Englander 28-3500 Wood burning furnace

      Alan in Michigan

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
        He was talking in his previous post about a stove built with (2 )15 gallon barrels. The idea behind this is the bottom barrel gets the firewood, and a hole is cut in the front of the barrel forces the fire path to go forward and up into the second barrel which sits on top. Then at the back of the second barrel the stack goes up. This does several things. First it makes the fire burn just at the front end of the logs. The flame path is forced to go forward to the opening into which it travels to the second barrel which acts as a secondary combustion chamber. I have heard these things work well, but the problem is you can't find good steel drums these days like in the 60's when they were made from much heavier metal. Sounds like Alan has found a better replacement for the steel drum. Do let us know how this thing works Alan!
        Dave
        Haines, AK

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2008
          Maybe a 200 pound tank is incorrect. I expect a 200 pound tank to be larger than dimensions given.

          Dave N <dcn51555@...> wrote: He was talking in his previous post about a stove built with (2 )15 gallon barrels. The idea behind this is the bottom barrel gets the firewood, and a hole is cut in the front of the barrel forces the fire path to go forward and up into the second barrel which sits on top. Then at the back of the second barrel the stack goes up. This does several things. First it makes the fire burn just at the front end of the logs. The flame path is forced to go forward to the opening into which it travels to the second barrel which acts as a secondary combustion chamber. I have heard these things work well, but the problem is you can't find good steel drums these days like in the 60's when they were made from much heavier metal. Sounds like Alan has found a better replacement for the steel drum. Do let us know how this thing works Alan!
          Dave
          Haines, AK