TEST

  • controlsdude2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 9:32 AM
      Testing...
      Things have been pretty quite lately.
    • John Gulland
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 10:12 AM
        Good point. I've noticed recently that the number of
        questions coming from visitors to woodheat.org have dropped
        off significantly. So I went to check visitor traffic to the
        site and found that over the past two weeks it is still near
        its normal averages of about 1200 per day. In fact our
        highest month ever was January this year at 65,000, followed
        by the highest February at 60,000 and the highest March at
        48,000. So people are still going to the web to find out
        about wood heating.

        So then I went to the woodheat@yahoogroups.com site and
        found that our list membership has jumped from about 250,
        where it had been for most of this heating season, to its
        highest level ever of 278. Maybe everyone is just exhausted
        from the first three months of this year in which there were
        record numbers of posts at 180, 104 and 83 respectively. I
        conclude that the numbers don't explain the recent lack of
        traffic on this list.

        I guess we just exhausted the threads we were working on and
        no one has jumped in to start a new one.
        John

      • cphylthumb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2 10:24 AM
          I haven't been visiting as much because I've been training my dog to carry
          wood to the house....after he's got that down, we tackle stacking it.

          Brian

        • Miro
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2 7:26 PM
            I thought we had several things being discussed,
            then nothing! Must be the return of warmer weather.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2 7:28 PM
              What kind of dog do you have?
              Will it have puppies?

              Miro

              > I haven't been visiting as much because I've been training my dog to carry
              > wood to the house....after he's got that down, we tackle stacking it.
              >
              > Brian

              > Check THE woodheat web site at http://www.woodheat.org

            • Bob Reite
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3 12:19 AM
                Here, heating season is starting to wind down. Actually today the
                weather was nice enough to go out into the woods and start cutting!

                John Gulland wrote:

                [and BR snipped]

                > I guess we just exhausted the threads we were working on and
                > no one has jumped in to start a new one.
                > John
              • The Tates
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 3 8:24 AM
                  ah, you went the firewood route! the breeder i got my lab from told me
                  it was a great bloodline and you could teach his dogs anything but it
                  was kind of the "one trick pony" thing. i agonized for days..... carry
                  firewood or fetch beer from frig... carry firewood or fetch beer from
                  frig...
                  man, it was worse than the "tastes great/less filling" debate that tore
                  our family apart years ago. it wasn't an easy decision but i think i did
                  the right thing. i never really did care for light beer after all and
                  you sure burn alot of calories carrying & stacking firewood!

                  mark

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3 4:17 PM
                    You might want to ask the guy here,
                    that has the dog that totes and stacks wood,
                    if he lives near you.

                    Miro

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3 4:30 PM
                      Now I want TWO puppies!!

                      Miro

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      > Check THE woodheat web site at http://www.woodheat.org

                    • Sam W Lydick
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5 8:11 PM
                        --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, "controlsdude2000" <agarb@b...>
                        wrote:
                        > Testing...
                        > Things have been pretty quite
                        lately.

                        I was beginning to wonder if this group had succumbed due to lack of
                        interest or some technical error and am happy to see that we are
                        still a viable entity.
                        There is a lot of valuable information to be gleaned from
                        participation in this group and I have personally profited from
                        monitoring this site.
                        Lately, I have been distracted from participation due to part time
                        employment and also because the most prestigious magazine "The World
                        of Welding" which is published by the Hobart institute of welding
                        technology did a full page feature article on my plans for building
                        your own wood stove. They included my name and address along with my
                        price for the plans and the response was so great that I have been
                        quite busy mailing out plans and making trips to the bank. Maybe when
                        things slow down a bit I can get back into research and development
                        on my next generation stove. In the meantime, keep those questions
                        and answers coming.
                        Regards,
                        Sam