Re: [woodheat] northern tools

  • robert chittenden
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
      they have a few nice wood stoves to buy . i just never bought anything from them. thanks for your reply...

      Alan Bowen <rustaholic777@...> wrote: Never a stove, but a lot of other things.
      I have had a problem with something I bought and they were very helpful and made it right promptly.
      If you have questions go ahead and ask them.
      All I know is they have done right by me.

      Alan Bowen
      Pallet Burner
      Williamsburg, Michigan

      i dont think so <silverdude3_2006@...> wrote: anyone ever buy a stove from northern tools.

      Check THE woodheat web site at http://www.woodheat.org

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Rock
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
        I have been dealing with them since before they were Northern tool.
        They have always been straight forward and had pretty honest
        opinions (not always favorable) about differant products. I have
        spent lots of money with them. They are still the go to folks for
        Hydrolics, that used to be their name.
        Rock
        --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, Alan Bowen <rustaholic777@...>

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chris Tubutis
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
          I've also bought a fair amount of stuff from Northern Tool but not a
          wood stove. I'll bet ur looking at their current heater sale.

          My take: While NT offers some decent equipment (I like 'em mainly for
          air tool stuff) they also have lower-end offerings. I was wandering
          around a Home Depot a year or so ago and ran across some Vogelzang
          stoves they had on display (one of the brands NT offers) and I wasn't
          at all impressed, I understood then & there how NT can offer them so
          cheap.

          My suggestion: Learn something about these wood-heating appliances &
          technology unless you're already familiar with them(it); check out the
          offerings at your local retail establishments, especially those whose
          business is primarily wood heat, and ask lots of questions; also check
          out the Vogelzangs at your local Home Depot (or elsewhere) if possible.
          If purchasing a stove from NT becomes your decision, then I don't
          anticipate you'd have any problems in your dealings with them as they
          seem to have good business ethics and customer service. Just do your
          homework ahead of time so you're not surprised at what you're getting.

          -Chris
          Colorado, USA

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • i dont think so
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007
            --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, Chris Tubutis <ctubutis@...> wrote:

            > I've also bought a fair amount of stuff from Northern Tool but not
            > wood stove. I'll bet ur looking at their current heater sale.
            >
            > My take: While NT offers some decent equipment (I like 'em mainly
            for
            > air tool stuff) they also have lower-end offerings. I was wandering
            > around a Home Depot a year or so ago and ran across some Vogelzang
            > stoves they had on display (one of the brands NT offers) and I
            wasn't
            > at all impressed, I understood then & there how NT can offer them
            so
            > cheap.
            >
            > My suggestion: Learn something about these wood-heating appliances
            &
            > technology unless you're already familiar with them(it); check out
            the
            > offerings at your local retail establishments, especially those
            whose
            > business is primarily wood heat, and ask lots of questions; also
            check
            > out the Vogelzangs at your local Home Depot (or elsewhere) if
            possible.
            > If purchasing a stove from NT becomes your decision, then I don't
            > anticipate you'd have any problems in your dealings with them as
            they
            > seem to have good business ethics and customer service. Just do
            your
            > homework ahead of time so you're not surprised at what you're
            getting.

            > -Chris
            > Colorado, USA
            >
            > thats what im trying to do but here in houston the selection is
            very slight, local home depots do not stock wood stoves. we do not
            get snow here but with high humidity along the gulf coast, winters
            are nasty. all i want is to add to my small homes heat with a nice
            wood stove. i do not need a big giant fire monster that cost
            4thousand dollars. thanks for any and all help...