RE: [woodheat] His truck runs on Wood Gas

  • Jim Labyak
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1 4:18 AM
      Gary,

      Don't think that is the USA FEMA, look at the top level domain (NU), is some
      place called Niue, where ever that is. Not that it makes much difference to
      the subject, but this is a long way from FEMA's job, I think.

      Jim

      Kettle Falls

      _____

      From: woodheat@yahoogroup <mailto:woodheat%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 7:39 AM
        John Locke wrote:
        > I doubt that anyone soon will be allowed to run
        > such fuelled engines for
        > their own needs - this is down to the green
        > nazis/communists (depending upon
        > your own standpoint) dictating that such use of
        > wood would generate more
        > greenhouse gases!

        Do you have a legislative reference for this? Any hint of
        impending rule-making?

        I try to keep track of anti-wood energy legislation across
        North America and I have not heard any mention of wood
        gasification for motor fuel in regulatory circles. I am not
        aware of an environmental organization that knows enough
        about wood energy to know there is such a thing as wood
        gasification for transportation fuel, much less try to ban
        it.

        Or were you just venting to publicly expose your deepest
        frustrations?
        John
        Date: 01/04/2007 8:49 PM
      • Scott Berkey
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 12:06 PM
          John:

          Since you mention it, are you watching the proposed legislation in Vermont
          to adopt new rules regulating outdoor wood boilers?

          Scott

          >From: "John Gulland" <john@...>
          >To: <woodheat@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [woodheat] Re: His truck runs on Wood Gas
          >Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:39:47 -0400
          >
          >John Locke wrote:
          > > I doubt that anyone soon will be allowed to run
          > > such fuelled engines for
          > > their own needs - this is down to the green
          > > nazis/communists (depending upon
          > > your own standpoint) dictating that such use of
          > > wood would generate more
          > > greenhouse gases!
          >
          >Do you have a legislative reference for this? Any hint of
          >impending rule-making?
          >
          >I try to keep track of anti-wood energy legislation across
          >North America and I have not heard any mention of wood
          >gasification for motor fuel in regulatory circles. I am not
          >aware of an environmental organization that knows enough
          >about wood energy to know there is such a thing as wood
          >gasification for transportation fuel, much less try to ban
          >it.
          >
          >Or were you just venting to publicly expose your deepest
          >frustrations?
          >John
          >--
          >Date: 01/04/2007 8:49 PM

          Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
          Presents today.
          http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001
        • John Gulland
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2 1:06 PM
            Scott wrote:
            > Since you mention it, are you watching the
            > proposed legislation in Vermont
            > to adopt new rules regulating outdoor wood boilers?

            Yes, with interest. One of the Vermont staffers sent me the
            latest news on the subject. You can see it here:
            http://www.anr.state.vt.us/air/htm/ProposedAmendments.htm#wo
            od
            John
            Date: 01/04/2007 8:49 PM