Re: wear your gear

  • agoldink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
      --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, Mark Magennis <mark.magennis@...>
      << as soon as you stop cutting, you flick your wrist forward to apply
      > the chain break. Then the chain stops immediately and can never be
      > still moving when you don't intend it to be.
      > Mark>>

      I never had anyone teach me to use a saw, and that idea is great! I
      will start to practice that every time I use the saw.
      There seems to be a common thread to accidents, they are mostly when
      someone was only cutting a limb or clearing a path we have all heard
      it before.
      When your dropping a 36" tree you have respect for that tree and what
      it can do, have laid out (at least in your mind) your escape route,
      your cutting sequence etc, but just a couple limbs should get the same
      respect, because it is the same saw cutting them.
      Limbs don't grow back but sweat does wash off, so wear the gear.
      PS when I said it hit me in the face, I meant the facesheild on my
      woodsman helmet, but it still startled me.