Re: wear your gear

  • agoldink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
      --- In woodheat@yahoogroups.com, Mark Magennis <mark.magennis@...>
      wrote:
      << as soon as you stop cutting, you flick your wrist forward to apply
      > the chain break. Then the chain stops immediately and can never be
      > still moving when you don't intend it to be.
      > Mark>>

      VERY GOOD
      I never had anyone teach me to use a saw, and that idea is great! I
      will start to practice that every time I use the saw.
      There seems to be a common thread to accidents, they are mostly when
      someone was only cutting a limb or clearing a path we have all heard
      it before.
      When your dropping a 36" tree you have respect for that tree and what
      it can do, have laid out (at least in your mind) your escape route,
      your cutting sequence etc, but just a couple limbs should get the same
      respect, because it is the same saw cutting them.
      Limbs don't grow back but sweat does wash off, so wear the gear.
      Rock
      PS when I said it hit me in the face, I meant the facesheild on my
      woodsman helmet, but it still startled me.