RE: [woodandbrass] Eastman production numbers

  • Jos Erdkamp
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2011
      Victor Moyes was a director of the patent museum of Eastman Kodak Co. and in 1921 he typed a list of all orders for manufacturing Eastman / Kodak cameras. The records he based this list on do not exist anymore. In his lists he gives an overview per camera model of size, date when a batch was ordered and numbers that were ordered. See the two examples in the Attachements section of this groups website.
      In the preface of "Kodak cameras, the first hunderd years" by Brian Coe victor Moyes in mentioned and also in the introduction of the Alan Feinberg "Catalog of Kodak and Brownie Cameras". Maybe Todd Gustavson will be able to tell you (and me) something more about Moyes.
      I can't judge the accuracy. Maybe Todd Gustavson can do that.
      The list is indeed very useful and I would welcome it when all its content was made available in digital form. A PDF would be fine. For my recent article about the Eastman Interchangeable View camera (in the Dutch collectors journal) I used the information of the list. The data made it clear that the camera was ordered in two large (relative) batches in a short period and after that only in very small numbers. As an example I add a graph.

      To: woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com
      From: michael@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:24:46 +0000
      Subject: RE: [woodandbrass] Eastman production numbers

      I am not familiar with the Moyes list. Could you expand a little and tell the group what it contains, its extent and the history of the list? Perhaps you could comment regarding its accuracy too. From the short extract you posted it looks like it could be very useful.

      Many thanks

      Dr Michael Pritchard

      www.mpritchard.com

      www.britishphotohistory.ning.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2011
      I have replaced the earlier graph with a new one that gives some more information
      Jos Erdkamp