Re: [woodandbrass] Multiplying Cameras in Great Britain and Europe

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 15, 2010
      Bonjour Bernard

      Thanks for sharing what you know. I would be interested to see some pics of your cameras, whether French made or not. I don't own any (yet!).

      Cheers! Marcel -- Marcel Safier PO Box 239 Holland Park QLD 4121 Australia

      On 15/11/2010 8:20 PM, Bernard PLAZONNET wrote:

      Bonsoir Marcel,

      To the best of my knowledge there are vey few Simon Wing New Gem cameras in France (have one and know another one) and I never heard of any Multiplying Wing camera in France.  I have a couple of multiple lens cameras, should you be interested in those, I can send you pics. All my best,
      Bernard

      > Message du 13/11/10 21:31

      > De : "Marcel Safier"
      > A : woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com
      > Copie à :
      > Objet : [woodandbrass] Multiplying Cameras in Great Britain and Europe
      >
      > Hi all
      >
      > I have long been fascinated by gem tintypes/ferrotypes. I am increasingly amazed at the attempt at global penetration conceived by Simon Wing. He sold licenses for regions along with multiplying cameras and supplies for regions all over the USA. He took his business into Canada, then New Zealand and Australia and now it appears Africa and India in the 1880s.
      >
      > These gem images were produced in Great Britain and the Continent but I wonder what cameras were used? Mike Kessler has just asked me if Wing cameras were used in France. I do not know. Does anyone know if they were sold in these countries and if not what cameras were used? I am aware of the Lancaster Gem cameras but were there others?
      >
      > Cheers!
      >
      > Marcel, Brisbane, Australia
      > http://members.ozemail.com.au/~msafier/photos/tintypes.html

      Database version: 6.16290