Re: [woodandbrass] Need some wood and brass parts for repair projects...

  • Fred /Maren Friedman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
      David, I did not respond to your IDCC request since I can not help. Sorry. I am in need of a small item for a restoration myself. I need a brass focussing knob, the kind that normally focusses the base of a woodie. It should be about 1 inch or a touch less in diameter and knurled. If you or any of our other W&B friends out there have one to spare I would be much obliged. Happy to pay whatever it takes. I can be reached offline at marenfred@...
      Thanks,
      Fred Friedman
      On Oct 29, 2009, at 10:17 AM, David Silver wrote:

      Hello all,

      I tossed out the following request to the IDCC last week during one of
      their swap days, and the only response I received was the sound of one
      hand clapping. Nada, zip, nothing.

      Obviously, the wrong venue.

      So I thought I'd raise it up the flag pole here instead to see if anybody
      salutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ..

      I need either a 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 inch lens board, or the appropriate brass
      mounting flange, or, best of all, the entire appropriate 7 1/2 x 7 1/2
      inch board with flange and shadow box for a traditional American four tube
      wet plate camera, the standard sort of thing made by Anthony, Scovill,
      etc. I'm in the middle of restoring such a four tube outfit, I have
      everything there, including an excellent matched set of four tube lenses,
      but no flange/board/ shadow box. I've made these myself in the past, but
      it's time consuming and I admit to getting lazy with age. I'd much rather
      buy the parts if anybody has them. Let me know at <silver@well. com>.

      The other thing I need is a brass mounting flange to fit about a 50mm wide
      screw thread antique B&L shutter/lens assembly. Please look at your brass
      flanges and see if you have anything that might take a 50mm wide screw.
      Obviously there's no gaurantee that what you have will actually fit what I
      have, but if it's right at 50mm I'll take the risk of buying and trying.

      Last thing, I also need a brass mounting flange for a standard #2 Sovill
      Waterbury lens (for a 5 x 8 view camera). I forgot to get the width of
      the screw threads, but if you're even paying attention to this, then you
      probably already know what I mean. If you've got it, please let me know.

      Best wishes,

      David Silver - President
      International Photographic Historical Organization
      E-mail: silver@well. com Telephone: (415) 681-4356
      Web site: http://www.photogra phyhistory. com

      =