Mystery K.Ltd. Artex Camera

  • ericevans2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hello group,
      I have had a query via my web site as follows:

      "I came across your website from searching the internet for information on a camera I have.
      I found the camera in my grandmother\'s attic about 15-20 years ago. She knew nothing about it at the time, and I was too young (and no internet around!) to look into it further.
      The camera is a folding wood and brass field camera, with the only markings being \'K. Ltd Artex London\'. Is the \'K\' short for Kodak? as I found some reference to a Kodak Artex camera from 1904.
      Do you know anything about this camera, or the maker?
      Thank you for your time and any help is much appreciated."

      He is going to send pictures which I will post if needed. I would like to be able to help the man, but I have no reference to this camera anywhere. Can anybody help?
      Regards to all,

      Alex Carroll