Re: [woodandbrass] Re: American Camera Company camera

  • dcolucci@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15 2:33 PM
      Scott

      I didn't see the photo - please resend.

      thanks

      In a message dated 8/13/2009 9:24:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, silver_recollection@... writes:

      Excellent. Thank you Dan for locating that. I'll read it over.

      Any idea what model this is and whether a R.M.&W. Co. shutter would be
      original? This isn't my camera so I'm unable to look it over. I just
      have this one photo of it.

      Thanks,
      Scott

      --- In woodandbrass@ yahoogroups. com, dcolucci@... wrote:

      > As I understand it from Federal Court records ( see below ), Blair was
      an
      > agent for the American Camera Co. ( a selling entity ) and the
      American
      > Camera Manfacturing Co., out of Boston. However, when Eastman ended
      up
      > acquiring, in the 1895-1898 time frame, Boston Camera Mfg Co., Blair
      Camera Co.,
      > and American Camera Manufacturing Co - for a short period of time,
      the
      > American Camera Co ( and Mf'g Co. ) were moved to Rochester a few
      models were
      > badged American Camera Co. Rochester NY..
      >

      > see

      _http://books. google.com/ books?id= lDyTAAAAIAAJ& pg=PA69&dq= %22American+ Ca\
      mera%22+Company+ blair&lr= &as_brr=1# v=onepage& q=&f=false_

      (http://books. google.com/ books?id= lDyTAAAAIAAJ& pg=PA69&dq="American+Came\
      ra"+Company+ blair&lr= &a