W.Allen, 1902, "Allen's Ideal Field Camera"

  • eric evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009
      I have just posted photos in my album of a new acquisition, an "Ideal Field Camera" by W. Allen of Maidenhead, Berkshire, made about 1902, I believe.
      Having reconstructed it from a collection of parts, with a line drawing in Channing and Dunn's "British Camera Makers" as my only point of reference, I am puzzled by the rebates cut out half way up the front forks, apparently to take some kind of clip or "rubbing strake" for when the front struts are fully folded up.
      It would be nice, not to mention miraculous, if anyone on this list could let me have a picture, or failing that, some words of wisdom, as to what should be put into these cut-outs. Anybody?
      Thanks, Eric.