New acquisition: What is it?

  • eric evans
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2009
      I have put pictures in my album above, of the latest thing I have thrown good money at. It is VERY similar to my "Duchess", a Royalty camera reputedly from London and Paris Optic and Clock Co. (q.v. on
      www.woodandbrass.co.uk), although some recent research indicates otherwise, but it has better brasswork and more of it, etched in that peculiar superior "wavy" style that has been commented on before by some on this group.
      I incline to the belief that this is a step up from the "Duchess", so could be a higher grade of royalty; I am not well up on degrees of nobility, but maybe it is a "Princess" or a "Princess May", both of which were made in the Royalty series.
      The only label on the camera is "City Sale & Exchange", and we all know that doesn't tell us much, as they were only retailers, not makers.
      I am rebuilding the camera. Any help in identification would be valued. A picture of either a Princess or a Princess May might put me out of my misery, one way or the other.
      Thanks,