RE: [woodandbrass] Re: Cameras from my UK visit

  • JCR Cameras
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2009

      Hi Eric,

      Open up the email by double left click on the email.

      Along the top of the page look for the tab ‘Other Actions’ and left click on that tab.

      Left click on the tab ‘Show in Browser’.

      That should then show you images.

      I hope that works for you.

      Best Wishes,

      John

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        Fred,
        Thanks to John Rushton who performed a little computer magic off-line, I was able to see your pics, Fred. Well done, picking them up on such a short visit; heck, I live here and can't pick up stuff like that in a twelve month!
        The one labelled "Keyhole" shouts French to me. Talbot & Eamer and Newman and Guardia are high on my wish list, but maybe another time? Nice cameras, very desirable, well done.
        Regards, Eric.

        --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, "eric evans" <ericevans@...> wrote:

        > --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, Fred /Maren Friedman <marenfred@> wrote:
        > >
        > Fred,
        > As one group member who was keen to see your pictures, I find myself stricken once again, as usual, with the computer blight that dictates that computers never ever do what I ask them to; in other words, your pics aren't appearing, and I don't know why. Does anybody watching know what can be done about it? Unless it's one of those April 1st things?
        > Regards,
        > Eric.
        >

        > > A couple of group members have asked that I post pictures of the
        > > cameras I brought back from the UK lat week. The Talbot and Eamer
        > > "Talmer" is shown in first two photos. Serial # is 101378. The N&G
        > > Standard Model B (SN# B 1042) is shown in the next two photos.
        > > I was also able to pick up a small brass early Zeiss Anastigmat. This
        > > wide angle lens is f18, 112mm, SN# 27918.
        > > I am also attaching photos of a third unmarked 1/4 plate which is cute
        > > - a cheap student camera, cloth bellows. Unmarked lens.
        > > The 4th camera is one I have had for some time and would appreciate
        > > any ID help anone can give. 1/4 plate. No markings on camera. Lens
        > > marked E.R.R. (Extra Rapid Rectilinear? perhaps). Note keyole slots.
        > > Very light. Very pretty.
        > > Visited family, friends, Lacock Abbey. Gorgeous weather. Great Trip!
        > > Cheers,
        > > Fred Friedman
        > >
        > > Talmer 1
        > >

        > > Talmer 2
        > >

        > > N&G 1
        > >

        > > N&G 2
        > >

        > > UK ?
        > >

        > > Keyhole 1
        > >

        > > Keyhole 2

      • Fred /Maren Friedman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          Thank you Eric,
          I understand the "French" connection. But the camera looks and feels English. Keyhole slots were covered in the UK by W.F. Stanley's patent of Feb. 26, 1886. And the lens in an Amphlett Humphries, probably English. I believe Amphlett Humphries were retailers since they are not listed in Channing & Dunn nor Lens Vademecum.
          Of course Continental makers used keyhole slots well before the Stanley patent.
          Cheers,
          Fred

          =