Re: [woodandbrass] Pearsall Compact Camera Posted

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
      Hi Rob

      Great work. My interest in the Pearsalls continues and will eventually be published as part of my biography of his photographer uncles Townsend and Sanford Duryea. For list members, they came to Australia and were daguerreotypists here after setting up in 1840 in Brooklyn. One of Townsend's sons from his first marriage remained in New York and was a photographer there and four sons from his second marriage were photographers in Australia. If anyone comes across any photographs taken by the Duryeas or Pearsalls I would be pleased to hear about them.

      Cheers!

      Marcel
      Brisbane, Australia

      On 7/01/2013 5:18 AM, Rob Niederman wrote:

      Hi all … Happy New Year and I hope everyone continues finding cameras (and stuff) they want during 2013.

        Website Update: Finally … after owning a fine example of Frank Pearsall’s elusive Compact Camera for many years, I finally found the time to create a posting on my website just before the end of 2012.  Check it out at: http://www.antiquewoodcameras.com/Pearsall-Camera.html

        AND … I am late in putting up my 2013 International Listing of Camera Shows (http://www.antiquewoodcameras.com/shows.html): 2013 will represent my 14th posting!  My … my … how time flies.  Here’s the sad part; only 50+ shows were listed for 2012.  At its peak, there were over 180 shows on the list.  Is this the eBay phenomena?

        Anyhow, feel free to contact me about upcoming shows. I’m working on the show update at this time.

        I haven’t been a member of IDCC for many, many years but feel free to forward this message to that DL for show listings and so forth.

        .: Rob

         www.antiquewoodcameras.com

      __._,_._

      =======