Fwd: Lerebours & Secretain all metal camera

  • voncabbage@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
    can anyone tell me about this camera?

    thanx

  • Maren /Fred Friedman
    Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
      Camera looks like a Bertsch. Lerebours et Secretain were lens makers and opticians to the best of my memory. Nice camera. Wish I had one.
      Fred

    • GEORGELAYNE@AOL.COM
      Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
        It's the working part of the Gaudin Apparatus. Google it and see how it fits into the larger box.

        George Layne

        Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
          George,

          The original Gaudin camera, made in 1841, is only marked Lerebours.  I believe Secretan didn't join Lerebours until about 1845, so it would appear this is to a later model Gaudin Dag camera.

          Dan