Re: papa bear, mama bear and baby bear(tsche)

  • ericevans2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
      Well, you didn't say much, but you have set my inquiring mind to work. I have seen pictures of these all-brass cameras before, but can't remember where or when. I have looked through some of my stuff for a solution, but can't find any more about them. Enlighten us!
      Eric.
      --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, voncabbage@... wrote:

      > one big, happy family

    • Rob Niederman
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
        They are Bertsch cameras if I spelled the name correctly. Rare dags but with known fakes.

        - Rob

        ericevans2000 <ericevans2@...> wrote:

        Well, you didn't say much, but you have set my inquiring mind to work. I have seen pictures of these all-brass cameras before, but can't remember where or when. I have looked through some of my stuff for a solution, but can't find any more about them. Enlighten us!
        Eric.

        --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, voncabbage@... wrote:

        > one big, happy family

      • Rob Niederman
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012

          Actually these are wetplate cameras … my bad – lenses look a bit on these three.

          .: Rob N.

          They are Bertsch cameras if I spelled the name correctly. Rare dags but with known fakes.

          - Rob

          ericevans2000 <ericevans2@...> wrote:

          Well, you didn't say much, but you have set my inquiring mind to work. I have seen pictures of these all-brass cameras before, but can't remember where or when. I have looked through some of my stuff for a solution, but can't find any more about them. Enlighten us!
          Eric.

          --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, voncabbage@... wrote:

          > one big, happy family

        • Maren /Fred Friedman
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
            The cameras (if genuine) are French -Bertsch Chambre Automatique cameras. Very rare, expensive and to see all 3 together...WOW!
            Fred in drizzly, cloudy Cliffside Park, NJ
            On Dec 9, 2012, at 8:23 AM, ericevans2000 wrote:

            Well, you didn't say much, but you have set my inquiring mind to work. I have seen pictures of these all-brass cameras before, but can't remember where or when. I have looked through some of my stuff for a solution, but can't find any more about them. Enlighten us!
            Eric.
            --- In woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com, voncabbage@... wrote:

            > one big, happy family

          • ericevans2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2012
              I nearly got there; I was looking for BEARTSCHE: the clue is in the title of the original message. Museum cameras according to McKeown. So who is voncabbage? Reveal yourself!
              Eric.

            • GEORGELAYNE@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
                Nice buntcha bears !