Re: Old Brass lens - white crystal-powder - Zinc oxide?

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2012
      I would think you are correct - Zinc oxide is the most likely culprit. Not sure about removal. I thing I would be very cautious - perhaps wet a Q-tip with distilled water (the universal solvent) and gently attempt to remove the crystals. But since I am not an expert, I am not sure I'd touch them unless they make the lens unusable.