Daguerreotype camera maker Adolfo Alexander of Germany

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2012

      Hello all

      A friend of mine in Buenos Aires who is not on the list has asked the question (which I have used on line translation for):

      I recently found out that my great-grandfather, the German daguerreotypist Adolf Alexander (Hamburg 1822-Buenos Aires 1881) manufactured wooden daguerreotype cameras in Hannover or Hamburg c.1847. Are you aware of any of his cameras?

      Anyone with information please reply to me and I will pass this on.

      Cheers!

      Marcel