W.C. Anderson Daguerreotype & Ambrotype Coloring Set

  • jwb.jr77
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2012
      Pictures are in my album (All American)

      Something Different for a Change

      Things have been quiet on this site for a while so I thought I would post a paint set I would like more information about it. The set is about 152 years old a long time for a cardboard and paper item.
      This is a color box made to color Daguerreotypes, Ambrotypes and other photography according to the information on the box.
      The man who invented the system is W.C.Anderson.
      These are his Premium Ambrotype Photographic Colors.
      It goes on the say In Boxes Complete Containing Fourteen Colors with Instructions in coloring. (inside the box cover) $2.00
      Three medals having been awarded Mr. Anderson for Daguerreotype and Artist colors, he having invented these colors at the commencement of the Daguerreotype process or separate colors at 15 cents each.
      I have included a 1/6 plate Daguerreotype in the picture that looks like a graduation. Some of the girls have dresses that have been hand colored in the Daguerreotype by C.Thayer.
      Your comments are welcome. John