Re: Charles Burr - UK lens maker

  • marenfred1
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi Milan,
      A Charles Burr Brass lens just arrived in my mail. And even though your query is an old one, here is the info:
      The brass barrel is engraved in script,
      C. Burr 5287
      7 1/4 x 4 1/2 Rapid Doublet
      Adams & Co. London

      Obviously Adams was the retailer. Diaphram from F8 - 64. The brass and glass are pristine. The lens looks like it left the factory last week! Has leather lens cap which appears original but no flange. Really lovely.
      Have you discovered anything new about Burr?
      Cheers,
      Fred Friedman in sunny Cliffside Park, New Jersey.