Re: [woodandbrass] Re: Love tokens and camera collecting

  • dcolucci@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
      Roland,

      Thanks for your comments.  Shutters have existed from very early on - most are simple, flap type shutters.  Not common, but they existed.  In the engraving on the coin, I am not sure if they are trying to depict a shutter or just the lens hood.

      Best
      Dan

      In a message dated 5/31/2012 4:42:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, marobela@... writes:

      Hello Dan,

      Nice recent postings on your blog. The love token with the chamfred Daguerreotype camera is wonderful. Do I correctly see a shutter in front the lens, maybe a flap shutter? Does this give some additional indication on the possible period of engraving of the token? I am totally ignorant in Daguerreotypes, but I imagine that shutters of this type were not used in the very early times.

      Roland