Century Camera Advertising Piece

  • dcolucci@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012

      I  thought you might enjoy seeing this countertop display piece - from ebay... too bad the image has faded - but the rest is superb.

      In a message dated 4/14/2012 11:05:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, marenfred@... writes:

      Not bad at all. Thanks for all the hard work and time you've put in. I'm looking forward to the results.

      Cheers,
      Fred
      On Apr 14, 2012, at 10:29 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

      Fred,

      Thank you.

      I managed to track down 237 of the 239 issues.  I'm only missing 1969-V1-1 and 1981-V13-8.

      No one seems to have those and at this point, I'm punting - we go with what we've got.  99.2% complete isn't too bad, is it?

      Regards,

      Milan

      On 4/14/2012 7:05 AM, Maren /Fred Friedman wrote:

      Milan,

      Now that I am back from Florida I've had a chance to check my odd pile. I have only one issue - volume 4, No. 3 Summer 1987. If you need it let me have your address and I will send it promptly.
      Best to you,
      Fred Friedman
      On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

      Greetings,

      A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

      From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

      <iddcffdc.png>

      I'm almost done with a digitized "Journals Project" - a collection of seven of these important publications on DVD.  These journals include: The Photographic Collectors Newsletter (Eaton Lothrop), the Photographist (WPCA), Photographica (PHSNY/APHS),  Graphic Antiquarian (Don Blake), Northlight (PHSA), The Allen Weiner Catalogs (Allen Weiner) and The Cascade Panorama (CPHS).

      I have essentially complete sets of most of them - roughly 10,000 pages already scanned - but I'm still looking for missing issues of Photographica - most of them from 1981 and 1982.

      If you think you can help, please contact me and I'll send you a complete "missing issues" list.

      Thanks,

      Milan

    • Ralph & Bobbi London
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012
        Dan,

        Is this display piece now yours?  If so, congratulations.

        Ralph

        On Apr 28, 2012, at 7:00 AM, dcolucci@... wrote:

        I  thought you might enjoy seeing this countertop display piece - from ebay... too bad the image has faded - but the rest is superb.

      • Dan Colucci