Re: [woodandbrass] PHSNY/APHS Photographica issues

  • Maren /Fred Friedman
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2012
      Not bad at all. Thanks for all the hard work and time you've put in. I'm looking forward to the results.
      Cheers,
      Fred
      On Apr 14, 2012, at 10:29 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

      Fred,

      Thank you.

      I managed to track down 237 of the 239 issues.  I'm only missing 1969-V1-1 and 1981-V13-8.

      No one seems to have those and at this point, I'm punting - we go with what we've got.  99.2% complete isn't too bad, is it?

      Regards,

      Milan

      On 4/14/2012 7:05 AM, Maren /Fred Friedman wrote:

      Milan,

      Now that I am back from Florida I've had a chance to check my odd pile. I have only one issue - volume 4, No. 3 Summer 1987. If you need it let me have your address and I will send it promptly.
      Best to you,
      Fred Friedman
      On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

      Greetings,

      A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

      From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

      <iddcffdc.png>

      I'm almost done with a digitized "Journals Project" - a collection of seven of these important publications on DVD.  These journals include: The Photographic Collectors Newsletter (Eaton Lothrop), the Photographist (WPCA), Photographica (PHSNY/APHS),  Graphic Antiquarian (Don Blake), Northlight (PHSA), The Allen Weiner Catalogs (Allen Weiner) and The Cascade Panorama (CPHS).

      I have essentially complete sets of most of them - roughly 10,000 pages already scanned - but I'm still looking for missing issues of Photographica - most of them from 1981 and 1982.

      If you think you can help, please contact me and I'll send you a complete "missing issues" list.

      Thanks,

      Milan