Re: [woodandbrass] Early Gandolfi cameras

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5 5:13 AM
      Hi John

      If you need help with researching early Gandolfi history please feel free to get in touch.

      Cheers! Marcel -- Marcel Safier PO Box 239 Holland Park QLD 4121 Australia

      On 29/03/2012 9:03 PM, John Marriage wrote:

      I am writing an article for Photographica World based on various papers held in the NMeM and with Sir Ken Corfield. Although I have several Gandolfi cameras from the period after the Great War, I have nothing earlier and have seen nothing earlier, though the firm was established in 1885. It has been said in print that the very early products were nothing special, pretty much run-of-the-mill for the period. But without evidence, I'd prefer not to just repeat that.
      So, does anyone have any 1885-1920 Gandolfi cameras, or have you seen one, or could you let me have photographs?
      Thanks
      John Marriage

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com
      =======
    • Ole Tjugen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6 6:39 AM

        John,

        I just returned home from an early Easter “vacation” and found your message.

        Of course you can use the picture, and I’ll get a couple more new ones if you want. Even with the “blind” lens board, or a less anachronistic lens?

        Ole Tjugen

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 8 2:16 AM
          Ole
          Thanks very much! A version with a blind lensboard would be fine - you're right, the current one looks a bit modern. Or if you've got it, with a lens of the 1910-20 period, which is probably about the right date. Image size in the region of 2000+ pixels on the long side?
          Best wishes
          John