Names on W&B.

  • Eric Evans
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2012
      I just heard a valuer on the Antiques Road Show explaining to a client that unhtil Wedgewood bucked the trend, early potteries did not stamp their name on their products because the retailers didn't like it, on the grounds that if customers knew who made it, they could go and buy direct from the factory. I wonder if this explanation could be applied to some of the many w&b cameras we see that have no maker's label?
      Eric.
    • Jackbilltn
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2012