PHSNY/APHS Photographica issues

  • Milan Zahorcak
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19 9:22 AM
      Greetings,

      A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

      From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

      I'm almost done with a digitized "Journals Project" - a collection of seven of these important publications on DVD.  These journals include: The Photographic Collectors Newsletter (Eaton Lothrop), the Photographist (WPCA), Photographica (PHSNY/APHS),  Graphic Antiquarian (Don Blake), Northlight (PHSA), The Allen Weiner Catalogs (Allen Weiner) and TheCascade Panorama (CPHS).

      I have essentially complete sets of most of them - roughly 10,000 pages already scanned - but I'm still looking for missing issues of Photographica - most of them from 1981 and 1982.

      If you think you can help, please contact me and I'll send you a complete "missing issues" list.

      Thanks,

      Milan
    • Maren /Fred Friedman
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 19 11:05 AM
        MILAN,
        I AM IN FLORIDA UNTIL END MARCH. I DO THINK I HAVE A FEW ISSUES TUCKED AWAY. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING AND I'LL EE WHAT I HAVE WHEN I RETURN TO NJ
        BEST,
        FRED FRIEDMAN
        On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

        Greetings,

        A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

        From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

        <iddcffdc.png>

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 19 11:19 AM
        Thank you,  Fred.

        I don't know if I'm allowed to post attachments, but I'll give it a try.

        For any of you who think they may be able to help, I've attached a .doc of all the missing Photographica issues with their exact name, volume, issue and date.

        Greatly appreciated,

        Milan

        On 2/19/2012 11:05 AM, Maren /Fred Friedman wrote:

        MILAN,

        I AM IN FLORIDA UNTIL END MARCH. I DO THINK I HAVE A FEW ISSUES TUCKED AWAY. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING AND I'LL EE WHAT I HAVE WHEN I RETURN TO NJ
        BEST,
        FRED FRIEDMAN
        On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

        Greetings,

        A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

        From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

        <iddcffdc.png>

          Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2012
            Milan,
            Now that I am back from Florida I've had a chance to check my odd pile. I have only one issue - volume 4, No. 3 Summer 1987. If you need it let me have your address and I will send it promptly.
            Best to you,
            Fred Friedman
            On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

            Greetings,

            A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

            From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

            <iddcffdc.png>

            Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2012
              Fred,

              Thank you.

              I managed to track down 237 of the 239 issues.  I'm only missing 1969-V1-1 and 1981-V13-8.

              No one seems to have those and at this point, I'm punting - we go with what we've got.  99.2% complete isn't too bad, is it?

              Regards,

              Milan

              On 4/14/2012 7:05 AM, Maren /Fred Friedman wrote:

              Milan,

              Now that I am back from Florida I've had a chance to check my odd pile. I have only one issue - volume 4, No. 3 Summer 1987. If you need it let me have your address and I will send it promptly.
              Best to you,
              Fred Friedman
              On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

              Greetings,

              A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

              From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

              <iddcffdc.png>