1125Re: [woodandbrass] PHSNY/APHS Photographica issues

  • Milan Zahorcak
    Feb 19, 2012
    Thank you,  Fred.

    I don't know if I'm allowed to post attachments, but I'll give it a try.

    For any of you who think they may be able to help, I've attached a .doc of all the missing Photographica issues with their exact name, volume, issue and date.

    Greatly appreciated,

    Milan

    On 2/19/2012 11:05 AM, Maren /Fred Friedman wrote:

    MILAN,

    I AM IN FLORIDA UNTIL END MARCH. I DO THINK I HAVE A FEW ISSUES TUCKED AWAY. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING AND I'LL EE WHAT I HAVE WHEN I RETURN TO NJ
    BEST,
    FRED FRIEDMAN
    On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Milan Zahorcak wrote:

    Greetings,

    A favor to ask the US members who may have been members of the New York photohistory group - The Photographic Historical Society New York (1969-1982) which later became The American Photographic Historical Society (1983-2004).

    From 1969 through 2004, the New York group published a periodical named  "Photographica" - it was one of the great American photohistory journals of its time.

    <iddcffdc.png>

    I'm almost done with a digitized "Journals Project" - a collection of seven of these important publications on DVD.  These journals include: The Photographic Collectors Newsletter (Eaton Lothrop), the Photographist (WPCA), Photographica (PHSNY/APHS),  Graphic Antiquarian (Don Blake), Northlight (PHSA), The Allen Weiner Catalogs (Allen Weiner) and The Cascade Panorama (CPHS).

    I have essentially complete sets of most of them - roughly 10,000 pages already scanned - but I'm still looking for missing issues of Photographica - most of them from 1981 and 1982.

    If you think you can help, please contact me and I'll send you a complete "missing issues" list.

    Thanks,

    Milan

  • Show all 7 messages in this topic