Re: Coloradobowhunter and the MANhunt

  • coloradobowhunter
    Message 1 of 13000 , Dec 1, 1999
      Premature shot, or just too much anxiety build
      up?LOL<br>Sorry that your missed your deer, we all do that! Don't
      put venison on the table though does it. Thank
      heavens for friends this year or our table would have
      been bare also. I had 4 deer given to me from friends,
      now I'm in venison hawg heaven. <br><br>Trying to get
      a Deprivation Elk tag this year. We have some
      private land, and nothing beats the taste of a good elk
      roast on a cold CO. afternoon!<br><br>Better luck next
      time on you deer Rhett, do you still have
      time?<br><br>This is a story I tell my children, yea 15 and 14yrs.
      There was a dog walking across a bridge with a bone in
      his mouth. He looked down at the water and seen
      another dog with a much bigger bone in it's mouth. Being
      jealous the dog went for the other bone and in the
      process dropped his in the water. Being the second dog
      was only his reflection, he lost the only bone he
      had. I'm not a very good mother either!<br><br>Good
      luck and forever better hunting!
    • theresastruckstop
      Message 13000 of 13000 , Sep 22, 2005
        While reading back on old messages this one caught my eye with me being
        from northeast Ms and on the TN stateline. Yesterday my husband went
        down and was clearing the land off and getting it ready for us and he
        said in one area that it looked like mating season for water mosc. he
        said they were balled up everywhere. Big ones. I said, ok, I am not
        going in there and that is where all the deer are. lol Of course
        when it gets cold we dont see them, but, now where the slew is where I
        watch the big buck, there is some monster snakes in there. I am ready
        for cool weather now for sure. Bring the frost on, bring cold and snow
        on. Oh snow, we use to have that, but seems we get ice storms now.
        One good snow would be good for a change. Yea I am scared of the
        snakes too.