RE: [Women Hunters] First time hunter

  • camryn s
    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 29, 2009
      im not even sure where to look. there must be women hunting clubs or something. im glad i didnt let the guys discourage me either especially since i got a bird! i will still go in the mud. just get better boots. sopping wet feet ten minutes into the hunt wasnt fun. glad it was fairly warm out. lol. happy hunting to you too jeanie

      To: womenhunters@yahoogroups.com
      From: wtaildoe@...
      Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:03:41 -0700
      Subject: RE: [Women Hunters] First time hunter

      Good Luck finding a hunting partner i have been trying to find one for 2 years now. Yes it is hard going alone but as a woman we do because we are stubborn.I am so glad you didnt let the guys discourage you from going, Because that is one more woman in the woods!!!!! :) Yep the mud can be a problem here also in Lousiania, but I go anyway.It is already gun season here, just waiting for that buck to show up & he is mine. LOL Happy Hunting & be Safe in the Woods
      Jeanie

      From: marybeth1957@ sbcglobal. net
      Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:49:02 -0400

      CONGRATULATIONS! So I'm curious. All those who laughed, what are they
      saying now?

      Us women when we want to do something, we do it and we do it right!

      GOOD FOR YOU!

      Mary Beth

      Tired of the run around? Looking for a real business? (
      <http://www.mamabear productions. net/> click)

      Reliable information from medical sources. Read Tip of the Week click here
      <http://mamabearprod .blogspot. com/>

      _____

      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 29, 2009
        thank you! you're right about the heart pumping and your breath coming in gasps! i totally hyperventilated. while i was leaning over my tom, i said to myself, i wonder which one of us is going to die first. him from the shot to the neck or me gasping for air and trying to get back into normal sinus rhythm. lol. lucky for me, he died. yea, it is too bad about the guys. they are still being idiots about it and now all i hear is how the heck are you going to drag a deer out of the woods when you had to stop 100 times to drag a 20 pound turkey?? gee, i dont know. maybe one of you could actually help me! i know they are just saying that to get me to stay home but it wont work. i have the fever now. i wish i weren't limited to one turkey. i'd love to go out again and get another one. i would like to think i proved something to them but honestly, if they are threatened, that's their problem and not mine. i just want to have fun and do something i have never done before. hope my deer hunt proves just as successful! cj

        To: womenhunters@yahoogroups.com
        From: raspy_hen@...
        Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:52:07 -0700

        Congratulations on your first gobbler! What a hunt - there's nothing like a gobbler for getting your heart pumping madly and your breath coming in gasps, is there? Too bad the guys around you were so ridiculous and unhelpful (not that you needed help, obviously) when you expressed an interest in hunting. I guess that they won't be scoffing long after you proved your ability to hunt successfully. Sometimes I think guys feel threatened when a woman hunts because they are afraid of being shown up by her. It's too bad, because there should be mutual respect and that precludes being shown up. Up where I am the men are delighted when women hunt, not that so many do. I'm sure that we have our share of scoffers, but most of the guys I know think nothing of my talking hunting to them and are respectful of my abilities. I hope that the same will be true for you now that you have proven that you can hunt and bring home your game.

        Have a great deer hunt filled with memories!

        Patti