Re: [Women Hunters] Moderators Needed

  • Constance
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      Gail

      Thanks for all your hard work. I haven not done much moderating in
      the past 2 years and none since yahoo screwed up my account.
      Presently, I only have access to the group via e-mail. I will get my
      account straightened out and try to do more.

      Constance

      At 12:38 PM 5/27/2009, you wrote:

      >Hi All. I have been the only active moderator for this group for
      >years. Right now I have too many obligations to continue on a
      >regular basis. The owner of this group has not been accessible for
      >years. I spoke to the Yahoo Groups people who said I was able to
      >appoint moderators. Either we get at least one new moderator to take
      >over or one of two things will happen.
      >1. The group will not have new members join or have posts accepted
      >from members whose posts are moderated
      >OR
      >2. I could set the group as unmoderated and spammers, antis, and
      >anyone would be allowed to join and post.
      >I would hate to see either of these two options.
      >This is not a time consuming job. I try to check in once a day and
      >see if there are any new members requesting to join or any posts
      >from moderated members that need approval. After someone has posted
      >a couple times and I see that they are legitimate I set them as unmoderated.
      >Please let me know if you are interested.
      >Thanks
      >Gail
      >
      >_
    • Tink
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2009
        GAIL

        Hi this is Tink Nathan I was one of the original MODS here.
        I would be happy to do it again

        I Mod the Texas Women Bowhunters.com

        Best TINK---

        ____________________________________________________________________ In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Constance <constance@...> wrote:

        > Gail
        >
        > Thanks for all your hard work. I haven not done much moderating in
        > the past 2 years and none since yahoo screwed up my account.
        > Presently, I only have access to the group via e-mail. I will get my
        > account straightened out and try to do more.
        >
        > Constance
        >
        > At 12:38 PM 5/27/2009, you wrote:
        >

        > >Hi All. I have been the only active moderator for this group for
        > >years. Right now I have too many obligations to continue on a
        > >regular basis. The owner of this group has not been accessible for
        > >years. I spoke to the Yahoo Groups people who said I was able to
        > >appoint moderators. Either we get at least one new moderator to take
        > >over or one of two things will happen.
        > >1. The group will not have new members join or have posts accepted
        > >from members whose posts are moderated
        > >OR
        > >2. I could set the group as unmoderated and spammers, antis, and
        > >anyone would be allowed to join and post.
        > >I would hate to see either of these two options.
        > >This is not a time consuming job. I try to check in once a day and
        > >see if there are any new members requesting to join or any posts
        > >from moderated members that need approval. After someone has posted
        > >a couple times and I see that they are legitimate I set them as unmoderated.
        > >Please let me know if you are interested.
        > >Thanks
        > >Gail
        > >
        > >_

      • Gail
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2009
          TINK AND CONSTANCE you are both still set up as moderators.
          Tink-doesn't it show up on your screen when there is something pending? If not, we need to figure out why.
          Constance - if you can get your account straightened out please help out. Two new ladies have volunteered but may not be sure what to do.
          Thanks
          Gail