Tax on Ammo bill?

  • outsider_tt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
      Does anyone know anything about this? I received an email, I have
      copied part of it below. Would be interested in hearing from other
      parts of the country, I dont think it would pass in Missouri because
      we have a republican majority, but what about the other states? And
      onto national?

      Email Below:
      The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois
      and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a
      data base of all
      ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what
      calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the
      ammunition is coded.

      Any privately held un coded ammunition must be destroyed by July
      1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent
      tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least
      $2.50 or more!

      If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your
      gun!

      This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama,
      Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky,
      Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania,
      Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

      Send to friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this
      BILL!!

      To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this
      legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
      http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
      <http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm>
    • Sherri Fischer
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
        From what I have read so far, it's true.  They are trying to push things like this though in many states.  I've also heard that they are going to try and put additional taxes and what not on reloading supplies.  They are also trying to limit who gets to reload and who can't.  Guess if they can't reasonably take our guns they can atleast make it ungodly expensive to enjoy them!

      • teachingkidsrocks@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
          What are we going to do about it ladies?

          Let the battle begin to protect our rights.  This is for our family's food, our children, our grandchildren.  Let's not lay down for this.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
            Hello Ladies,

            Fight for your rights. They will start small with ammunition
            legislation then move to guns. Here in Canada they started with the
            gun registry and regulations and now are trying to ban handguns and
            semi-auto firearms. If you give them an inch, they will take a mile.
            Look at Britian. Check out this youtube video on Britians gun ban.
            http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec

            Here are some more web pages to check-out.
            http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/
            http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=227 -> the video
            on encoded ammunition if very informative

            Good Luck,
            Ontario huntress
          • Diane Mayhew
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
              I am willing to help any way that I can. I don't live in one of these states that this legislation is pending in, but if I can help fight against it, I'm all for it. One way I see fighting against it, is by contacting your State Representative or Congressman (whoever will be actually voting on this issue) with concerns on this issue. What will they actually gain by this? As far as I can see right now, nothing! Just another government office to take our tax dollars and make it more difficult for our right to bear arms through more taxes.

              I have someone do reloads for me, and I hope that they never limit his ability to do so.

              Diane
              "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deut 6:5

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
                Ladies,
                I just found this

                http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/are_states_going_to_require_serial_numbers.html

                It seems to have been going on for a long time.  We just have to be diligent with who gets elected in every office and they get to know each and every one of us.

                Blessings,
                Kelly

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
                  Start writing those letters before it even comes up in your state!

                  Times sure are different.  Tax me to death on the things I enjoy!?!  I work hard, pay my income taxes, property taxes etc.  I behave and live responsibly yet the govt wants more from me?  Yet.....the woman down the street with a boatload of kids can go to the gas station and buy alcohol, doritos and rolling papers with her food stamps that I fund through my responsibility!  Don't get me started.  I work hard!  I train on the side for other people so that I can afford to hunt, shoot, and run my dogs.  Now its shame on me for being responsible, ambitious and wanting to enjoy my god given rights?
                  Ok.  I'm done ranting.

[...]

                • My friends call me Annie
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2009
                    It's a scary thing. The new admin in the white house is going to
                    make it really hard on gun owners. Keep in mind he's from Illinois
                    and they have some really harsh gun laws. I have friends that sell
                    guns and ammo and our new president is great for gun sales. Three
                    gun shows that we have attended have been busier than ever! To the
                    point that you couldn't get to the tables to check out the vendors.
                    The investment in guns now is better than investing in stock with
                    that market so bad now. We have personally bought 3 guns since
                    December. We have to hang in there and let our leaders know what we
                    really want.

                    Annie
                    --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Sherri Fischer
                    <sherrilf2000@...> wrote:

                    > Start writing those letters before it even comes up in your state!
                    >
                    > Times sure are different.  Tax me to death on the things I
                    enjoy!?!  I work hard, pay my income taxes, property taxes etc.  I
                    behave and live responsibly yet the govt wants more from me?
                    Yet.....the woman down the street with a boatload of kids can go to
                    the gas station and buy alcohol, doritos and rolling papers with her
                    food stamps that I fund through my responsibility!  Don't get me
                    started.  I work hard!  I train on the side for other people so that
                    I can afford to hunt, shoot, and run my dogs.  Now its shame on me
                    for being responsible, ambitious and wanting to enjoy my god given
                    rights?
                    > Ok.  I'm done ranting.

                    things like this though in many states.  I've also heard that they
                    are going to try and put additional taxes and what not on reloading
                    supplies.  They are also trying to limit who gets to reload and who
                    can't.  Guess if they can't reasonably take our guns they can atleast
                    make it ungodly expensive to enjoy them!

                  • S J
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
                      Ranting is healthy, Sherri and this is the site to do it ...
                      We all hear you and ranting is the start of getting things done...
                      When enough people feel the same way...look out!
                      Our God is our Father and Provider, my foundation and my salvation...
                      He loved us so much that He gave up HIS own Son...
                      And He also loved us so much He provided animals as our source of nourishment...
                      He did not train them to walk up and lay down their life...
                      We hunt and trap them for survival....to eat!
                      I am with ya sister...Rant all you can...It gets others to join in
                      and we draw strength in numbers..We can and will defend our rights!
                      Write your congressman...today!
                      Also, join TSRA...Texas State Rifle Association...or find an organization
                      in your state that supports our Second Amendment.
                      TSRA works so hard to keep our rights...our rights!
                      I am a lifetime member of TSRA...and proud to spread the word...
                      check it out...www.TSRA.com
                      Lets all get to work...
                      SallyJo

                      From: Diane Mayhew <dianmayhew@yahoo. com>