Re: [Women Hunters] Happy Thanksgiving!

  • Diane Mayhew
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Sorry missed this e-mail on Thursday. We were busy eating turkey :)
      Thank you and I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      My step-son (he's 14) and I went hunting on Wednesday and a herd of does came out. My stand is tight quarters for two of us but we tried to make due. I missed a doe! I can't believe I missed, but I can tell you I just got too excited seeing all those does at one time and afraid they would run away. All my fault for not setting my gun right on my shoulder. BUT Thankfully my step-son sat on my lap and was able to get one :) This is his second deer ever, and was he ever excited. We were so happy that he didn't let it get away :)

      Thanks be to God who Reigns on high.

      Diane
      "The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!"
      II Sam. 22: 47

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        Congrats to your boy!..Diane, we all have missed and if some havent...
        they will...its a part of hunting...I have jerked the trigger and get so mad
        at myself...but..it happens...wasnt it fun seeing all those deer..warms up the chills!
        SallyJo

        From: Shelly Brothers <shellybrothers@ yahoo.com>

        To: "annie" <tmvidalsgirl@ yahoo.com>, "joe barela" <jmbarela@hotmail. com>, "Dave and Missy Basham" <haleybird@voyager. net>, "Greg Bodtke" <greg.bodtke@ bryanlgh. org>, "Peggy L. Brase" <peggy.brase@ wartburg. edu>, "shelly brothers" <shellybrothers@ yahoo.com>, "carolee" <phalanx2@phalanxmed iagroup.net>, cathy.baker@ jhbllc.com, "chad" <mcsmith@g2g- tech.com>, "misty chelmowski" <misty21@loveable. com>, "cheryl" <clg04@yahoo. com>, "cheryl jackson" <cateringcaj@ yahoo.com>, "Rita Choate" <rchoate@fidnet. com>, "linda colgrove" <lindac@windstream. net>, ddye@buckmasters. com, "Charles Eickhorst" <charlie_emmadene@ yahoo.com>, "Mary Felsman" <maryefelsman@ yahoo.com>, "Judy Fortner" <sjtkfort@yahoo. com>, "Gail" <rotfa@yahoo. com>, "Karen Gan" <krngan@hotmail. com>, "gaye chastain" <scottch@advertisnet .com>, gosso@somtel. net, "lisa green" <javl@fidnet. com>, "renae hayes" <crhayes2000@ yahoo.com>, "janet york" <Janet_York2003@ yahoo.com>, "jesse"
        <jbrackett@embarqmai l.com>,

        jlane81@hotmail. com, "john" <cardiacjohn@ hotmail.com>, "johnny" <prewettm@socket. net>, "kelly" <kyork@laquey. k12.mo.gov>, "KISHKA" <kishka@doorpi. net>, "David Langston" <dlangston@muzzy. com>, "linda" <robinson7002@ bellsouth. net>, "Freyta Lyn Mari" <freytamari@yahoo. com>, "Lisa Marie" <lisa-marie@charter. net>, marywyatt@embarqmai l.com, mbasham001@columbus .rr.com, "Meredith" <lightbownamadon@ aol.com>, "micha" <micahnjulie@ gmail.com>, "MISSY" <missy@voyager. net>, mistychelmowski@ yahoo.com, "kelita naab" <jkdjnaab@yahoo. com>, "Neda" <nedarav98@yahoo. com>, "p-head" <rhrhrhus@yahoo. com>, peschels@embarqmail .com, "samantha reed" <samantha_reed21661@ yahoo.com>, "richard" <raaron@socket. net>, ron.bowling@ moeagle.com, "ronda morris" <shots4343@yahoo. com>, "shane skinner" <sgskinner1@hotmail. com>, "smaitland119" <s_maitland@comcast. net>, "Marinda Stuiver" <lioness@africatrave lmart.com>, "tracy" <thock@...>, "tracy" <cstar1115@aol.
        com>, "terry vert"

        <dfrncmkr@aol. com>, "jody weiners" <mercedesluz14@ yahoo.com>, womenhunters@ yahoogroups. com, "Mareike Zimmermann" <mareike.zimmermann@ gmx.de>

        Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:17 PM

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          Thank you! I'll tell him.
          Thanks for the encouragement.
          It's fantastic seeing the deer! My heart gets to pumping! You don't feel the cold any more when you're seeing the deer :)
          Oh forgot to tell you we did hear a bunch of coyotes. And we were so hoping to get one of those but they never came out.

          Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 12:17 PM

          HAPPY THANKSGIVING! !!!!

          DAVE, SHELLY, DEREK AND BO BROTHERS

        • Cindy Frazier
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
            Don't feel too bad Diane....last year I missed 2 bull elk, a 5 point
            and a 4 point (western count) within an hour and a half of each
            other. Talk about embarrased! As many years as I have been hunting
            (some 35 years now) I still get an occasional case of buck fever.
            Tell your step son congrats for me, and may this be the second of
            very many for him! Can't wait to take my grandkids hunting!
            Cindy

            --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Diane Mayhew <dianmayhew@...>

            and Missy Basham" <haleybird@...>, "Greg Bodtke"
            <greg.bodtke@...>, "Peggy L. Brase" <peggy.brase@...>, "shelly
            brothers" <shellybrothers@...>, "carolee" <phalanx2@...>,
            cathy.baker@..., "chad" <mcsmith@...>, "misty chelmowski"
            <misty21@...>, "cheryl" <clg04@...>, "cheryl jackson"
            <cateringcaj@...>, "Rita Choate" <rchoate@...>, "linda colgrove"
            <lindac@...>, ddye@..., "Charles Eickhorst"
            <charlie_emmadene@...>, "Mary Felsman" <maryefelsman@...>, "Judy
            Fortner" <sjtkfort@...>, "Gail" <rotfa@...>, "Karen Gan"
            <krngan@...>, "gaye chastain" <scottch@...>, gosso@..., "lisa green"
            <javl@...>, "renae hayes" <crhayes2000@...>, "janet york"
            <Janet_York2003@...>, "jesse" <jbrackett@...>,

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
              Thank you Cindy for the encouragement. I'm sorry that you missed two last year. It's heart wrenching when it happens.
              I will be sure to tell him. I hope that you and your grandchildren have a successful hunt when you are able to take them out.

              God bless-