Re: Quartering before checking in..

  • keithlmartin
    Message 1 of 13000 , Oct 1, 1999
      Kuduu,<br> I disagree with your observations on
      quartering before checking in. I do agree that out west that
      quartering is the norm. However in virginia, where this
      thread got started, it is illegal to quarter your game
      or even move it from the spot where it fell before
      placing a tag on it. <br>I have wished many times over
      the years that I could have quartered a deer when I
      was 2 miles from the truck and its already dark. I
      didn't think it was worth the ticket though, and there
      would have been a ticket! I called the checking station
      that I do business with to ask this question. It
      confirmed what I have said here, at the very least there
      would be a close questioning, possibly a ticket
      depending on circumstances. In another county close by, I
      KNOW that game warden would write a ticket, probably
      take the deer too.<br>The game laws only hint at this
      since the normal thing in this part of the country is
      too check animals in whole. (fielddressed of
      course).<br>Good hunting to you, I hope you tag the big one.<br>To
      see virginia game laws: www.dgif.state.va.us
    • theresastruckstop
      Message 13000 of 13000 , Sep 22, 2005
        While reading back on old messages this one caught my eye with me being
        from northeast Ms and on the TN stateline. Yesterday my husband went
        down and was clearing the land off and getting it ready for us and he
        said in one area that it looked like mating season for water mosc. he
        said they were balled up everywhere. Big ones. I said, ok, I am not
        going in there and that is where all the deer are. lol Of course
        when it gets cold we dont see them, but, now where the slew is where I
        watch the big buck, there is some monster snakes in there. I am ready
        for cool weather now for sure. Bring the frost on, bring cold and snow
        on. Oh snow, we use to have that, but seems we get ice storms now.
        One good snow would be good for a change. Yea I am scared of the
        snakes too.