Women in ther outdoors event in western Missouri

  • Linda Bittle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2007
      Hi All,

      It's been a while since I've checked in. I just graduated from the
      Wilderness Awareness School Residential Program in Duvall,
      Washington, and life has been very busy.

      First, my good friend Jenny Markel is coordinating a Women in the
      Outdoors event in Adrian, Missouri (50 miles south of Kansas City) on
      July 7,2007. It will be a great day of fun and outdoor classes...Its
      a great opportunity to brush up on your outdoor skills or check out
      something new. If you want info, e-mail me, or Jenny at
      Jenny Markel" <jmarkel@... Ellen Benitz is the regional
      coordinator for the event, and her contact info is:

      Ellen Benitz 816-387-6606

      nwtfbenitz@...

      Second:

      I interviewed for a Women in the Outdoors position
      (Arkansas/Louisiana) in Little Rock on Monday. Had my 1st (and 2nd,
      3rd, and 4th) airplane rides. Will know soon if I get the job. I
      would need to come up with 2 new events right away, and am wondering
      if anyone in those states would like to start an event by forming a
      local committee. My sister is starting one in the Melborne, Arkansas
      area, so I really need one more good lead. It's fun, and the new
      regional coordinator - even if it's not me - will be helping you get
      started.

      If you live in another area, I can help you find out who to contact
      to get started, or find an already scheduled event near you.

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Linda Bittle
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2007
        Good luck on the Women's Regional Coordinator position with Women in
        the Outdoors. I was the Regional Coordinator for Arkansas, Louisiana,
        Mississippi and Alabama for a couple of years and then a Regional
        Field Supervisor. It is a wonderful program and provides lots of
        wonderful opportunities to educate women.

        Karen Skeets

        --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Bittle" <possum59@...>