Re: [Women Hunters] Pheasant Recipes

  • Angie Patak
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2 2:14 PM
      those deer just don't know what they contributed too... nor does that wild turkey..
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3 4:10 AM
        Hey if you would like a good pheasant recipe give this a try: Put your pheasant breasts in to a baking dish and then put cream of chicken soup over that and then put slices of swiss cheese over that, mix up a box or two of stuffing and put it on top then put in the oven for about an hour or so. That is my husbands recipe and it is sooo good!!! Peg
      • pola@crossroadsdecoys.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3 7:06 AM
          Yum - sounds great. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks.

          We belong to a club that pheasant hunts weekly at a semi-wild on
          Sundays. (I'm also coordinating a Women's Shoot on Saturday 1/20/07
          at Burlington County, Medford, New Jersey - if anyone is interested in
          more details -- Just let me know.

          We had "popcorn pheasant" for New Year's Dinner with brown rice and
          stir fried veggies. That was pretty good too. I just cut the breasts
          in strips egged and floured them and cooked them in a little bit of
          hot olive oil.

          Pola

          Quoting "Peggy L. Brase" <peggy.brase@...>:

          > Hey if you would like a good pheasant recipe give this a try: Put
          > your pheasant breasts in to a baking dish and then put cream of
          > chicken soup over that and then put slices of swiss cheese over
          > that, mix up a box or two of stuffing and put it on top then put in
          > the oven for about an hour or so. That is my husbands recipe and it
          > is sooo good!!! Peg

        • Sherri Fischer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3 10:14 AM
            How hot of an oven??

            "Peggy L. Brase" <peggy.brase@...> wrote:
            Hey if you would like a good pheasant recipe give this a try: Put your pheasant breasts in to a baking dish and then put cream of chicken soup over that and then put slices of swiss cheese over that, mix up a box or two of stuffing and put it on top then put in the oven for about an hour or so. That is my husbands recipe and it is sooo good!!! Peg

          • Peggy L. Brase
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4 2:41 AM
              ooooppppssssss...the oven is set at 375. sorry about that. Peg
            • Sherri Fischer
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4 6:31 AM
                That's alright - if I was a better cook I'd probably already know that. Till then, unless its written down I don't know any better but I sure do try.
                When I have a moment, will let you guys know how the mishap with the wife and my deer season panned out.....................
                Have a good one!
                Sherri