Re: BACK FROM HUNTING!!

  • Gail
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      Good for you! Congrats. I much prefer stalking to sitting in a stand.
      She'll make some tasty meals.
      Gail

      --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Marni" <hunteress0825@...>
      wrote:

      > HEY! How was your weekend?
      >
      > My weekend was great! Last night we got to our campsite and got
      > ready for today's hunt. We woke up at 6am. It was still dark and
      > COLD. Anyway, we were driving down the road to a place that we
      found
      > to go hiking to look for deer, It was a meadow, about 350 yards
      away
      > from the road. I saw the doe there at the meadow and we stopped,
      > then I started stalking her, she was calmly eating and looking up
      > me or my husband walking. she didnt run away.. i was like she is
      so
      > beautiful and she is mine. I got close to her about 130 yards away
      > and got settled down using a branch from a tree to calm my nerves
      and
      > aimed at her. She kept eating and looking up. She was positioned
      > me that her front was towards me. I had to really think about
      where
      > her heart was postioned so i can make a vital shot. The moment she
      > looked up to me, I pulled the trigger and she went down. One shot,
      > one kill. I was so elated!! I still have the biggest smile on my
      > face, and my cheeks hurts right now but i cant help smiling!
      >
      > right now she is being processed!
      > I turned in my doe head to Department of Wildlife for CWD testing.
      > will find out the result in two weeks. She looked darn good and
      > healthy!
      >
      > I will post the picture of me and my doe after i get it developed!
      > Now i can start focusing on my first Elk hunt in november in the
      same
      > area where i got my deer. i have been seeing alot of elk tracks,
      > scat all over. So i know I will have chance to land my first elk.
      > Cant wait for November!!
      >
      > Cant wait to hear your stories!

    • gavynnrae
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        Just brought home a beauty of a turkey. Openning day of MO fall
        turkey hunting (85 degrees) and I got lucky...12 inch beard, 1 inch
        spurs.