Got my First Elk License!!!!

  • Marni
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hey guys.. sorry i havent been online for so long i have been so busy..
      I am so excited for this fall because i was successful in drawing an
      Elk License for Either sex this fall!!!!

      This one will be my first Elk kill!!!!!

      Any one of you have gotten any licenses to hunt this fall?
    • wanda stevens
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2006
        MORNIN' MARNI, WE APPLIED FOR TAGS IN COLORADO BUT I HAVE NOT CHECKED THE SITE YET TO SEE HOW WE FAIRED. I USUALLY GET A COW TAG BUT LAST SEASON I WENT I DID NOT DRAW ONE AND HAD TO GET A BULL TAG. I WAS VERY FORTUNATE TO HARVEST A 5X6. VERY EXCITING TAKE FOR MY FIRST BULL!!! I HAVE TAGGED SEVERAL COWS, BUT THAT BULL PUT THAT PREVERABLE FEATHER IN MY CAP NOT ONLY GETTING THE BIGGEST BULL SO FAR IN OUR HUNTING GROUP...BUT SKUNKING THEM BY GETTING THE ONLY ELK THAT SEASON!!! I HAVE HUNTED DEER FOR MANY YEARS AND ELK ARE BY FAR THE MOST CHALLENGING FOR ME.(NOT COUNTING WILD PIGS) THEIR BEHAVIORS ARE DIFFERENT. THE CLOSEST I CAN COME TO EXPLAIN THEM IS THAT THEY BEHAVE LIKE ELEPHANTS. THEY ARE GUIDED BY THE LEAD COW... THE YOUNG AND WOUNDED ARE PROTECTED BY THE HEARD TO THE POINT OF LITTERLY PUSHING THEM UNTO SAFETY.....AND THE BULLS WILL ALSO TAKE REFUGE IN THE COMFORT THEIR HAREM. WHEN ON THE MOVE, THEY CAN BE AS NOISY AS A HEARD OF BUFFALO, BUT CAN SNEAK UP ON YOU WITHIN A
        FEW YARDS WITHOUT A SOUND!!! AFTER A FEW HUNTS YOU WILL DETECT THESE DIFFERENCES AND USE THEM IN THE FIELD. EVERY HUNT IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND EACH LESSON BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO A SUCCESSFUL HARVEST. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW OUR HUNT WENT IN LATE OCTOBER. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. GRANDMOTHERWIND

        Marni <hunteress0825@...> wrote:
        Hey guys.. sorry i havent been online for so long i have been so busy..
        I am so excited for this fall because i was successful in drawing an
        Elk License for Either sex this fall!!!!

        This one will be my first Elk kill!!!!!

        Any one of you have gotten any licenses to hunt this fall?

        Pheasant hunting Hunting archery Quail hunting Dove hunting Bird hunting Bear hunting

      • jennifer drop

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2006
            hi jennifer, congrats to you. ive never hunted elk, but have been with my husband while he did. i was deer hunting. it was an awsome experience . the sound of the bull elk bugling was a great adrenaline rush.they have great noses, so really watch the wind.you will love it. we hunted western colorado, so we did alot of climbing.which we started preparing for during the months before, by doing alot of running and jogging.wear good comfortable boots with good ankle support, as the terrain is usually very steep.just relax and enjoy the hunt. i wish you great luck. sincerely yours, donna hunter
            jennifer drop <jldford@...> wrote: Hey have never been elk hunting but I am a gig fan of turkey hunting. Hope you have a great hunt.

            Marni <hunteress0825@...> wrote: Hey guys.. sorry i havent been online for so long i have been so busy..
            I am so excited for this fall because i was successful in drawing an
            Elk License for Either sex this fall!!!!

            This one will be my first Elk kill!!!!!

            Any one of you have gotten any licenses to hunt this fall?

            Pheasant hunting Hunting archery Quail hunting Dove hunting Bird hunting Bear hunting

            Pheasant hunting Hunting archery Quail hunting Dove hunting Bird hunting Bear hunting

          • My friends call me Annie
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2006
              I think that's great!
              I just told my husband yesterday that I wanted to go on an elk hunt.
              I think I would like to bow hunt too.
              We'll see what he comes up with for me.
              Maybe he's waiting to see how well I do with my bear hunt this fall.

              Congrats!

              Annie
              --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Marni" <hunteress0825@...> wrote:

              > Hey guys.. sorry i havent been online for so long i have been so
              busy..
              > I am so excited for this fall because i was successful in drawing an
              > Elk License for Either sex this fall!!!!
              >
              > This one will be my first Elk kill!!!!!
              >
              > Any one of you have gotten any licenses to hunt this fall?

            • Gail
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2006
                That is GREAT! I am so glad for you. Hope you get a big one.
                Gail