On Injured Reserve 2 months

  • Dr. Spencer Tomb
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7 11:46 AM
      hello

      I had rotator cuff surgery on 1 May and I cannot type well yet. I will
      not be on line that much.

      Three falls jamming my left shoulder put an extesive tear in the cuff,
      but they think that they got a good repair with four screws. I can
      tell you that it is not an injury you want and I am just now starting
      the toughest part the rehab.

      I think that I may be able to shoot in late june. I was abel to finish
      out the turkey season taking a 3-4 year old bird that was not the
      dominant tom of the area on the weekend before my surgery. 10.25 "
      beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4"spurs and about 23.5 pounds. Mel took her second
      bird on Friday and is now off to the National 4H shooting sports
      training.

      I hope all who have hunted turkeys have had a good safe time and
      enjoyed persuing the ultimate game bird.

      Most of the garden is in and my classes at the university will end at
      the end of the week.

      warm regards to all,

      Spencer
    • Gail
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7 2:37 PM
        Spencer, We have missed you. I will be praying for a speedy recovery.
        We only got to go out turkey hunting one morning, but we are going to
        Ohio next weekend , so hopefully we will see some birds.
        Gail

        --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Spencer Tomb"
        <duckdoglover@...> wrote:

        > hello
        >
        > I had rotator cuff surgery on 1 May and I cannot type well yet. I
        will
        > not be on line that much.
        >
        > Three falls jamming my left shoulder put an extesive tear in the
        cuff,
        > but they think that they got a good repair with four screws. I can
        > tell you that it is not an injury you want and I am just now
        starting
        > the toughest part the rehab.
        >
        > I think that I may be able to shoot in late june. I was abel to
        finish
        > out the turkey season taking a 3-4 year old bird that was not the
        > dominant tom of the area on the weekend before my surgery. 10.25 "
        > beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4"spurs and about 23.5 pounds. Mel took her
        second
        > bird on Friday and is now off to the National 4H shooting sports
        > training.
        >
        > I hope all who have hunted turkeys have had a good safe time and
        > enjoyed persuing the ultimate game bird.
        >
        > Most of the garden is in and my classes at the university will end
        at
        > the end of the week.
        >
        > warm regards to all,
        >
        > Spencer

      • Succuba1
        Message 3 of 7 , May 7 3:48 PM
          Hang in there Spencer. I will keep you in my prayers
          as well.

          Dawn K

          --- "Dr. Spencer Tomb" <duckdoglover@...> wrote:

          > hello
          >
          > I had rotator cuff surgery on 1 May and I cannot
          > type well yet. I will
          > not be on line that much.
          >
          > Three falls jamming my left shoulder put an extesive
          > tear in the cuff,
          > but they think that they got a good repair with four
          > screws. I can
          > tell you that it is not an injury you want and I am
          > just now starting
          > the toughest part the rehab.
          >
          > I think that I may be able to shoot in late june. I
          > was abel to finish
          > out the turkey season taking a 3-4 year old bird
          > that was not the
          > dominant tom of the area on the weekend before my
          > surgery. 10.25 "
          > beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4"spurs and about 23.5 pounds.
          > Mel took her second
          > bird on Friday and is now off to the National 4H
          > shooting sports
          > training.
          >
          > I hope all who have hunted turkeys have had a good
          > safe time and
          > enjoyed persuing the ultimate game bird.
          >
          > Most of the garden is in and my classes at the
          > university will end at
          > the end of the week.
          >
          > warm regards to all,
          >
          > Spencer

        • Tink Nathan
          Message 4 of 7 , May 7 8:45 PM
            Spence

            I had a buddy with he same Op & he shot Sportign clays after 5 weeks and too soon like you are planning and it set his rehab back 5 weeks.

            You need to let tit heal .

            Dot had 2 Bone Spurs removed, a torn R Cuff that was minor and not repairs end of collar Bone cut off, joint & Socket shaved smooth in Feb 14 th and she was in rehab UP to using to 3# weight now cannot pull a 10# bow back either

            dot moved back to her family in Bush LA who can betetr care for her.

            Last week she broek a leg house cleaning

            Takeit easy

            I was at Kerrvile SC watchignthe World Cup today

            Thinking of you Spencer

            Take the summer off and allow your body to heal''No gain in pushing we in archery see this operation daily on the net Take it easy Kind Sir

            Tink
            CO-SR- OTM

            PS I got a used Remingto 1100 20GA LT for doves last week Tink

[...]

            Pheasant hunting Hunting archery Quail hunting Dove hunting Bird hunting Bear hunting

            ---------------------------------

            Tink Nathan,
            Camp Verde Outpost Ranch,
            Camp Verde Texas 78010
            Tel-1-830-634-2878 Cell 1 830 460-0202

            Message 5 of 7 , May 8 6:50 AM
              Spencer
              Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
              Lisa Metheny

            • Dr. Spencer Tomb
              Message 6 of 7 , May 9 8:37 PM
                Tink;
                Don't Worry, Tink. I learned today that I will not be using any
                weights on the movement of my upper arm for at least 2 months. I
                doubt that I will be able to lift a shotgun until mid July at best.
                I will do it right and with a good physical therapist and orthopedic
                surgeon. The goal is to be back shooting by the fall. If I screw up
                it will be another fall or something other than my not listening to
                the pros.

                Thanks for your concern my friend.

                Spencer

                --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Tink Nathan
                <silverwolfhound2@...> wrote:

                > Spence
                >

                > I had a buddy with he same Op & he shot Sportign clays after 5
                weeks and too soon like you are planning and it set his rehab back
                5 weeks.

                > You need to let tit heal .
                >

                > Dot had 2 Bone Spurs removed, a torn R Cuff that was minor and
                not repairs end of collar Bone cut off, joint & Socket
                shaved smooth in Feb 14 th and she was in rehab UP to using to 3#
                weight now cannot pull a 10# bow back either

                > dot moved back to her family in Bush LA who can betetr care for
                her.

                > Last week she broek a leg house cleaning
                >

                > Takeit easy
                >

                > I was at Kerrvile SC watchignthe World Cup today
                >

                > Thinking of you Spencer
                >

                > Take the summer off and allow your body to heal''No gain in
                pushing we in archery see this operation daily on the net Take it
                easy Kind Sir

                > Tink
                > CO-SR- OTM
                >

                > PS I got a used Remingto 1100 20GA LT for doves last week
                Tink

                > "Dr. Spencer Tomb" <duckdoglover@...> wrote:
                > hello
                >
                > I had rotator cuff surgery on 1 May and I cannot type well yet. I
                will
                > not be on line that much.
                >
                > Three falls jamming my left shoulder put an extesive tear in the
                cuff,
                > but they think that they got a good repair with four screws. I can
                > tell you that it is not an injury you want and I am just now
                starting
                > the toughest part the rehab.
                >
                > I think that I may be able to shoot in late june. I was abel to
                finish
                > out the turkey season taking a 3-4 year old bird that was not the
                > dominant tom of the area on the weekend before my surgery. 10.25 "
                > beard 1 1/8 and 1 1/4"spurs and about 23.5 pounds. Mel took her
                second
                > bird on Friday and is now off to the National 4H shooting sports
                > training.
                >
                > I hope all who have hunted turkeys have had a good safe time and
                > enjoyed persuing the ultimate game bird.
                >
                > Most of the garden is in and my classes at the university will end
                at
                > the end of the week.
                >
                > warm regards to all,
                >
                > Spencer

                > Pheasant hunting Hunting archery Quail hunting Dove
                hunting Bird hunting Bear hunting

                Service.

                Message 7 of 7 , May 9 9:29 PM
                  Dear Spence

                  Good News

                  Red Dot( aged 68) had her Bone Spurs removed(2X) Feb 14Th

                  Today she was able to draw her 40# ConCept hunting bow with 99% let off for the first time TWICE!!!!.

                  She waited till she healed 100%. She is up to 3# weights and bought 5# weights At Wally World today.

                  She is thrilled and she played the waiting game and won.