Re: New to the board

  • Gail
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi Vickie. Welcome. I am next door in NC.
      Gail

    • kristina_everhart@beaerospace.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hi Vickie, I'm also close by in NC. So what do you hunt? Deer, turkey,
        etc?

        Kristina Everhart
        Engineering Services,
        Technical Librarian

        "Gail" <rotfa@...>
        02/01/2005 08:42 AM
        Please respond to
        womenhunters@yahoogroups.com

        womenhunters@yahoogroups.com
        cc

        Subject
        [Women Hunters] Re: New to the board

        Hi Vickie. Welcome. I am next door in NC.
        Gail

        --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Vickie" <vmlinkous@y...> wrote:

        > Hello My name is Vickie. I just joined today. Love to fish more
        than
        > anyting. Not tried hunting yet. Would like to though. Any one live
        in
        > Virginia?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • Vickie
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
          Should I go hunting I would have to say Deer.

          --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, kristina_everhart@b... wrote:
          > Hi Vickie, I'm also close by in NC. So what do you hunt? Deer,
          turkey,
          > etc?
          >
          > Kristina Everhart
          > Engineering Services,
          > Technical Librarian
          >

          > "Gail" <rotfa@y...>
          > 02/01/2005 08:42 AM
          > Please respond to
          > womenhunters@yahoogroups.com

          > womenhunters@yahoogroups.com
          > cc
          >
          > Subject
          > [Women Hunters] Re: New to the board
          >

          > Hi Vickie. Welcome. I am next door in NC.
          > Gail
          >
          > --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Vickie" <vmlinkous@y...>
          wrote:

          > > Hello My name is Vickie. I just joined today. Love to fish more
          > than
          > > anyting. Not tried hunting yet. Would like to though. Any one
          live
          > in
          > > Virginia?
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Service.

        • Dr. Spencer Tomb
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
            Hello Vicki and welcome to the group.

            If you want to learn to hunt you should find the next hunter
            education course in your area. The local sporting goods stores
            should know where to find the information.

            I also highly recommend that you find a Becoming and Outdoors-Woman
            (BOW) event in your area or a WITO Women in the Outdoors event and
            take the shooting courses. It is a great way to try something new
            as you are in with other novices and you will enjoy learing together.
            The VA BOW event is coming up fast..... Virginia Apr 22-24 Karen
            Holson 804/367-6355.. Here is the website for BOW events
            http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/sched05.htm

            Spencer
          • Cecil
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
              Dr Tomb, thanks for the tip on the event in April, I'll make sure Judy (my wife), sees this.
              Cecil

              "Stop wishin' for bad luck and knockin on wood" John Prine

            • Vickie
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
                Hey Spencer
                Thanks for the info. I will definately look into your suggestion. It
                is greatly appreciated. I look foward to getting intouch with people
                that like to be out side.

                -- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Spencer Tomb"
                <duckdoglover@y...> wrote:

                > Hello Vicki and welcome to the group.
                >
                > If you want to learn to hunt you should find the next hunter
                > education course in your area. The local sporting goods stores
                > should know where to find the information.
                >
                > I also highly recommend that you find a Becoming and Outdoors-Woman
                > (BOW) event in your area or a WITO Women in the Outdoors event and
                > take the shooting courses. It is a great way to try something new
                > as you are in with other novices and you will enjoy learing
                together.
                > The VA BOW event is coming up fast..... Virginia Apr 22-24 Karen
                > Holson 804/367-6355.. Here is the website for BOW events
                > http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/sched05.htm
                >
                > Spencer
              • Bernie Patrick
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Vicki, Spencer is dead-on right about the BOW. It's a great way to
                  get started into any outdoor activities, and especially hunting.
                  You won't regret it, and you'll want to go back again & again.

                  Fuzzy: If Judy is interested in the BOW event in Virginia, tell her
                  to get on theri mailing list & register as soon as they are taking
                  registrations. Those events fill up very early and they usually
                  turn away women once they reach their limit. Here is a contact
                  person for Virginia:

                  http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/events/

                  Bernie

                  --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Cecil <cclfuzzy@y...> wrote:
                  > Dr Tomb, thanks for the tip on the event in April, I'll make sure
                  Judy (my wife), sees this.
                  > Cecil
                  >

                  > "Stop wishin' for bad luck and knockin on wood" John Prine

                • Hollie M.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 6, 2005
                    Hey, Vickie! I don't fish much but the times that I've gone I have enjoyed it (which haven't been many...lol). I like to hunt, though. I live in East Tennessee. Glad you joined...good luck!