Re: Bear Whitetail Ultra

  • Gail
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      What bow is it??? Be sure it doesn't have plastic or nylon cams or
      wheels if you want it to last and to shoot the same in different heat
      conditions. Some bows are much more adjustable than others.
      Gail

      --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <thock@u...> wrote:
      > Ok, a friend of mine saw this bow in Bass Pro's outlet in
      Springfield
      > in a 25" draw and 45 pounds for $80. Any inputs?
      >
      > Bass Pro in St. Louis has Parker Challengers.
      >
      > A 25" draw length can't be reduced a whole lot, can it?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tracy
    • Tracy
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        All he said was it's a Bear Whitetail Ultra. I'm thinking it's
        reconditioned. He has one like it, and his is several years old. I
        can't find any info about it on the web. It's not in the 2003
        catalog.

        Does anyone know anything about this bow? How can I find out if it's
        adjustable?

        Thanks,
        Tracy

        --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Gail" <rotfa@y...> wrote:
        > What bow is it??? Be sure it doesn't have plastic or nylon cams or
        > wheels if you want it to last and to shoot the same in different
        heat
        > conditions. Some bows are much more adjustable than others.
        > Gail
        >
        > --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <thock@u...> wrote:
        > > Ok, a friend of mine saw this bow in Bass Pro's outlet in
        > Springfield
        > > in a 25" draw and 45 pounds for $80. Any inputs?
        > >
        > > Bass Pro in St. Louis has Parker Challengers.
        > >
        > > A 25" draw length can't be reduced a whole lot, can it?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Tracy
      • Tink
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
          GAIL its a Bear Whitetail Ultra I don't know the bow Gail can you look it up specs? Sosunds like a low end bow Tink
          Sr OTM

          Tink Nathan,

          31059 Marvin Grantham Road,

          BUSH, LA 70431 -4129 USA

          Tel 985 886-9303......Cell- 985-750-3353 Dots Cell 985 630-4564

          E-Mail tinknathan@...

          Silverwolfhound@..., tinks69@...

        • Tracy
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
            I think you're right. My friend has a Whitetail, and he said his
            whole set-up was about $200. Doesn't sound like what I want, huh?

            I'm kind of confused about releases and draw lengths, etc. If I use
            a loop, won't the draw length I require be lower, like 21" instead of
            22?

            Thanks,

            Tracy

            --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, Tink <silverwolfhound@y...>
            wrote:
            > GAIL its a Bear Whitetail Ultra I don't know the bow Gail can you
            look it up specs? Sosunds like a low end bow Tink
            > Sr OTM

            > Tink Nathan,
            >
            > 31059 Marvin Grantham Road,
            >
            > BUSH, LA 70431 -4129 USA
            >
            > Tel 985 886-9303......Cell- 985-750-3353 Dots Cell 985 630-4564
            >
            > E-Mail tinknathan@a...
            >
            > Silverwolfhound@y..., tinks69@a...

          • Gail
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
              -Yes, a loop will cause you to want a little shorter draw length. If
              I haven't mentioned it, different style releases can lead to
              different draw lengths.
              The Bear White Tail was probably THE least expensive bow on the
              market, though very popular for that reason. It was made for a long
              time, and maybe an upgrade of it still is. I would steer clear of it
              myself.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
                I kind of thought so about the Whitetail. Thanks.

                Ok, so with my extremely short draw length, what kind of release do I
                want? I want to maximize my draw length, of course.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
                  Tracey to get Started a Cobra Caliper

                  Later a Scott Lil Goose Caiper Relese witha Leather strap-$65.00 Plus strap $12.50=- and when you graduate and get your Masters get a Carter Target 4 Its spring loaded like a hair trigger ona fine rifle. $165.00 each

                  You can vary you draw by over drawing and puttignthe peep smack in your eye. Your pro shop can explain Ali this i would not get a cheap Bear its not what you want
                  TINK

                • Gail
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                    I would suggest a hand held model. I know it is less convenient to
                    keep it in your hand or in a pocket, but TRU Ball does make a version
                    that sits on a little ball on the string instead of a regular nocking
                    point. Then the release is always ready to go. There are also glove
                    style releases that have the release sit back more in your hand. Some
                    say your form isn't as good with them, but good enough for hunting.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
                      --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "Gail" <rotfa@y...> wrote:
                      > -Yes, a loop will cause you to want a little shorter draw length.
                      If
                      > I haven't mentioned it, different style releases can lead to
                      > different draw lengths.
                      > The Bear White Tail was probably THE least expensive bow on the
                      > market, though very popular for that reason. It was made for a long
                      > time, and maybe an upgrade of it still is. I would steer clear of
                      it
                      > myself.
                      > Gail

                      Just curious, Gail, why would you steer clear of the Whitetail? I'm
                      trying to justify a more expensive bow, but I need good data.

                      Thanks,

                      Tracy
                    • Gail
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
                        The Whitetail has always been known as the cheapest bow on the
                        market. They have always had plastic/nylon cams, which shoot
                        differently in the hot and cold weather, as well as break quickly,
                        unless they have upgraded them. They are made in the least expensive
                        way. They constantly seem to have problems. The PSE Nova synergy 2
                        cam bow isn't that much more, and it is a much better bow.