hey everyone

  • cute_as_a_button_28
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2003
      i am a new member to women hunters but not new to hunting i have been
      hunting since i was 7 im 30 now my dad taught me killed my first
      white tail at age 11 (had to beat him he was 12) ha ha started
      hunting black bear 2yrs ago and killed my first one last year the
      rush of a life time i thank when it gets in the blood to hunt u can
      never get it out and i never want to when the smell of fall gets hear
      thats when i want to be in the woods started bow hunting last year
      killed my first buck my husband was right beside me when i took the
      buck i dont thank he tought i could do it cause when i did he said aw
      good shoot lol i have a 7 year old boy and he goes with me every year
      since he was 4 i want him to know all about hunting and how to
      respect nature well i guess i better go hope to hear from some of u
      ladies about ur good times in the woods
    • Gail
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
        -Welcome to the group. It must be great to be raised around hunting.
        Congrats on your bear. That is what I've been after. One came 40'
        from my husband Monday night, but alas, it wasn't bear season. Keep
        us posted on your success this year.
        Gail
      • wanda hyleman
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
          Hey, I am new to posting. I have been hunting since 1987, just getting interested in Bow hunting, I also have a 7 year old son, he is a little hyper so he has not gone before but this year he will be going.
          My ex husband got me interested in Hunting and I was hooked after the very first time, I love those crisp mornings also. I have had friends try to fix me up on dates & the first thing I ask is Does he hunt & fish"? they all laugh at me.
          I live in South Georgia where are you from? I encourage every woman I know to go hunting, it is so relaxing, & like you said when it's in your blood it's there for good.
          Good luck this year.
          My name is Wanda and my son's name is of course "Hunter- actually his 1st name is charles after his gran dad who died just before he was born, but he was the best deer hunter I knew, he taught me alot ( he was my father in law)

          cute_as_a_button_28 <cute_as_a_button_28@...> wrote:
          i am a new member to women hunters but not new to hunting i have been
          hunting since i was 7 im 30 now my dad taught me killed my first
          white tail at age 11 (had to beat him he was 12) ha ha started
          hunting black bear 2yrs ago and killed my first one last year the
          rush of a life time i thank when it gets in the blood to hunt u can
          never get it out and i never want to when the smell of fall gets hear
          thats when i want to be in the woods started bow hunting last year
          killed my first buck my husband was right beside me when i took the
          buck i dont thank he tought i could do it cause when i did he said aw
          good shoot lol i have a 7 year old boy and he goes with me every year
          since he was 4 i want him to know all about hunting and how to
          respect nature well i guess i better go hope to hear from some of u
          ladies about ur good times in the woods

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Wanda

        • cute button
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
            thanks gail
            my name is josette and i live in west virginia hope u get that bear this year killing a deer is the greatest wait till u kill ur first bear o god it is the greatest lol wait till u go check it in and i dont know about u but we go where all these men hunters hang out and to pull up and see there faces when they find out a women killed it lol well need i say more
            good luck this year
            josette

            Gail <rotfa@...> wrote:
            -Welcome to the group. It must be great to be raised around hunting.
            Congrats on your bear. That is what I've been after. One came 40'
            from my husband Monday night, but alas, it wasn't bear season. Keep
            us posted on your success this year.
            Gail

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • Bernie Patrick
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
              Cute As A Button: Congrats on your first bear and your first bow
              kill deer. I bet your young son thinks it is really cool that his
              mom takes him hunting. He needs to learn early-on about respecting
              nature, wildlife, God's great forests, and the hunting laws. Keep up
              the good work.

              Bernie

              --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, "cute_as_a_button_28"
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
                Wanda: You do the same thing I used to do when you ask "Does he
                hunt & fish?" before you'll get involved with a new guy. hahaha.
                Don't settle for one that doesn't. It will never work out in the
                long run! It is great to have a hunting partner to go to the woods
                with & share your hunting experiences with.

                I've got the greatest hunting partner & best friend any woman could
                have. Edsel (Hawg Hed) is teaching me all he knows about hunting,
                and I actually took him on his very first turkey hunt when I first
                met him. He got his first turkey last year but I still haven't got
                my first turkey. We're both hooked on turkeys.

                Bernie

                --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, wanda hyleman

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
                  Did you kill your bear in West Virginia? If so, where can a person
                  hunt bear down there?

                  Bernie

                  --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, cute button
                  <cute_as_a_button_28@y...> wrote:
                  > thanks gail
                  > my name is josette and i live in west virginia hope u get that
                  bear this year killing a deer is the greatest wait till u kill ur
                  first bear o god it is the greatest lol wait till u go check it in
                  and i dont know about u but we go where all these men hunters hang
                  out and to pull up and see there faces when they find out a women
                  killed it lol well need i say more
                  > good luck this year
                  > josette
                  >
                  > Gail <rotfa@y...> wrote:
                  > -Welcome to the group. It must be great to be raised around
                  hunting.
                  > Congrats on your bear. That is what I've been after. One came 40'
                  > from my husband Monday night, but alas, it wasn't bear season.
                  Keep
                  > us posted on your success this year.
                  > Gail
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Service.

                • Softail
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
                    Good morning,

                    I will leaving a week from tomorrow for an early gun/doe hunt in upper Michigan for 9 days, am really looking forward to it...it usually is my favorite hunt of the year. My 12 year old just got her hunter safety certificate and she is looking forward to it also. Good luck to all this season.

                    Softail

                  • wanda hyleman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
                      Yes, it's funny how your priorities change as you get older also, I don't care if he has hair as long as he hunts & fished lol...
                      I am so proud that my ex & his dad taught me all I know about hunting, I talked my sister into going with her husband about 10 years ago & she loves it also, he was killed in 2000 by a drunk driver & she still keeps up their hunting land, doing planting etc... and the guys in the club have to answer to her.
                      I have went Turkey hunting abut mostly I carried the gun and he did the calling, I love it when they answer you back, gives me chills up my neck.
                      In Georgia they do alot of Hog hunting also, I have seen them in the woods but have never gotten one. I am still looking for local hunting land, when I was with my ex we hunted on his mothers land, it was so nice to be able to park in her yard, leave the baby with here for an hour or two & walked into the woods behind her house.
                      I have decided not to date someone who doesn't hunt, or at least he has to have the desire to learn how to...lol

                      Wanda

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 2, 2003
                        Josette, we don't have to check them in any more. I have never killed
                        a deer in my home state, but we are just supposed to call it in I
                        believe. A lot easier.
                        Gail