Re: [Women Hunters] elk hunt

  • buckandbronco
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
      Wow, Charlene, that is amazing! Am I understanding correctly that
      you got two cows with one shot? I've heard of people getting to deer
      with one shot, but this the first time I've heard of people getting
      two elk with one shot! Elk are big animals! Tell us a bit more
      about it. Were these big cows? Maybe pregnant this time of year?

      --- In womenhunters@yahoogroups.com, txladyhunter <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Tink! we were thinning out the herd a little it was $600 per
      > cow.The Fallow deer and other horned animals the others guys got
      were
      > higher priced. I did real well with my 338. It is magna ported and
      > always has been I guess I just needed more practice with it. the
      > scope I have on it is a Burris but all the guys were checking out
      my
      > rifle and the consenesis is I need to send it back, I couldnt tell
      > when I hit the first cow, the lens is fogged a little.Actually I
      got
      > both cows on the first shot the second cow circled back behind the
      > first just as I shot.I got a new scope while I was there I cant
      wait
      > to try, PANORAMA electro dot sight, Multi recticle.Show me Safari
      is
      > located at Summerville but the ranch is closer to Licking Mo.Well
      Im