Re: [Women Hunters] Need help on buying a rifle.

  • Constance
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2002
      If semi-autos aren't legal for hunting in your area, look at something
      chambered in 7-08. It has an excellent effectiveness/recoil ratio.
      Performance is similar to a 308 with recoil just above the 240.

      Another possibility is hunting with a handgun.

      At 07:25 AM 11/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
      >I'm assuming your dad was using a bolt action. Try a semi automatic in a
      >270 or a 25 06 they have quite a bit more knock down than a 243 but not
      >near the kick .the semi automatic action takes allot of the recoil out of
      >the rifle there will still be some but not like a bolt action.

      Constance Link

      Web Mistress of the site at http://www.constancelink.com

      Reply to constance@...
    • Tink
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
        Good Advice Constance- News

        Thursday I leave for new Orleans LA for a month of bowhuntign deer & hogs and work on my book on my African adventirues

        I will have limited acress to a PC so I maybe silebt for a while

        my host is a novice bowhuntress a harvasrd radcliff Grad who will help me ghost write my African Adventures. in return I get to teach her shooting, archery & bowhunting.
        the palce we are goignis called Honey Island Swamp Its an island 3 miles qwide by 17 miles long inth Pearl River no road wil need a boat to get around i guess

        May camp or stay witha resident.

        good Huntign all Will Post when i can

        Good huntign & Aim hard

        PS CL Glad you & I agree onthe 7mm-08" Dream Deer cartiidge
        Constance <constance-link@...> wrote:If semi-autos aren't legal for hunting in your area, look at something
        chambered in 7-08. It has an excellent effectiveness/recoil ratio.
        Performance is similar to a 308 with recoil just above the 240.

        Another possibility is hunting with a handgun.

        At 07:25 AM 11/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
        >I'm assuming your dad was using a bolt action. Try a semi automatic in a
        >270 or a 25 06 they have quite a bit more knock down than a 243 but not
        >near the kick .the semi automatic action takes allot of the recoil out of
        >the rifle there will still be some but not like a bolt action.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Bernie Patrick
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2002
          Have a good time, Tink. Looking forward to hearing about your hunting
          trip when you get back.

          --- In womenhunters@y..., Tink <silverwolfhound@y...> wrote:

          > Good Advice Constance- News
          >

          > Thursday I leave for new Orleans LA for a month of bowhuntign deer
          & hogs and work on my book on my African adventirues

          > I will have limited acress to a PC so I maybe silebt for a while
          >
          > my host is a novice bowhuntress a harvasrd radcliff Grad who will
          help me ghost write my African Adventures. in return I get to teach
          her shooting, archery & bowhunting.
          > the palce we are goignis called Honey Island Swamp Its an island
          3 miles qwide by 17 miles long inth Pearl River no road wil need a
          boat to get around i guess

          > May camp or stay witha resident.
          >

          > good Huntign all Will Post when i can
          >

          > Good huntign & Aim hard
          >

          > PS CL Glad you & I agree onthe 7mm-08" Dream Deer cartiidge
          > Constance <constance-link@a...> wrote:If semi-autos aren't legal
          for hunting in your area, look at something
          > chambered in 7-08. It has an excellent effectiveness/recoil ratio.
          > Performance is similar to a 308 with recoil just above the 240.
          >
          > Another possibility is hunting with a handgun.
          >

          > At 07:25 AM 11/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
          > >I'm assuming your dad was using a bolt action. Try a semi
          automatic in a
          > >270 or a 25 06 they have quite a bit more knock down than a 243
          but not
          > >near the kick .the semi automatic action takes allot of the recoil
          out of
          > >the rifle there will still be some but not like a bolt action.

          Service.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Constance Link
          >
          > Web Mistress of the site at http://www.constancelink.com
          >
          > Reply to constance@c...
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • Gail
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2002
            Tink, Behave, be safe, and have a good time. We will be thinking of
            you.
            Happy Holidays.
            Gail
          • Tink