Back From Eden..........

  • redtoads
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      Well, really, back from Africa! Once again a stellar time hunting
      the bush veldt. Took 6 species, steenbuck, Impala, grey duiker,
      common reedbuck, 2 outstanding nyala bulls and a 6 tusk warthog. The
      wartie has to been seen to believe! A very unique trophy. I can
      tell you all that leg of steenbuck, nyala tenderloins and impala
      steaks are wonderful! Plus the fact that my PH can cook!

      Ok, now that I've warmed up in Africa I am out today after work for
      the elusive whitetail!

      How's everyone else's season going so far?
    • Bernie Patrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Ann: Welcome back. I wondered when you would be coming home. Sounds
        like you had a great hunting trip. I hope you got plenty of photos to
        post some for us. Would love to see a photo of that warthog.

        Our deer season opens this weekend.

        Bernie

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
          Ann: Welcome back. I wondered when you would be coming home. Sounds
          like you had a great hunting trip. I hope you got plenty of photos to
          post some for us. Would love to see a photo of that warthog.

          Our deer season opens this weekend.

          Bernie

          --- In womenhunters@y..., "redtoads" <redtoads@y...> wrote:
          > Well, really, back from Africa! Once again a stellar time hunting
          > the bush veldt. Took 6 species, steenbuck, Impala, grey duiker,
          > common reedbuck, 2 outstanding nyala bulls and a 6 tusk warthog.
          The
          > wartie has to been seen to believe! A very unique trophy. I can
          > tell you all that leg of steenbuck, nyala tenderloins and impala
          > steaks are wonderful! Plus the fact that my PH can cook!
          >
          > Ok, now that I've warmed up in Africa I am out today after work for
          > the elusive whitetail!
          >
          > How's everyone else's season going so far?
        • Tink
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
            Ann Congrats Must post a photo of the warthog Gotta see that Wants to see your Nyala Bulls Too

            Best Tink
            Sr OTM
            redtoads wrote:Well, really, back from Africa! Once again a stellar time hunting
            the bush veldt. Took 6 species, steenbuck, Impala, grey duiker,
            common reedbuck, 2 outstanding nyala bulls and a 6 tusk warthog. The
            wartie has to been seen to believe! A very unique trophy. I can
            tell you all that leg of steenbuck, nyala tenderloins and impala
            steaks are wonderful! Plus the fact that my PH can cook!

            Ok, now that I've warmed up in Africa I am out today after work for
            the elusive whitetail!

            How's everyone else's season going so far?

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • coloradobowhunter
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
              Ann, congrats... you got some very nice species of animals there...
              adding to your accumilative collection of African game...

              Well you know I'd ask this question, how many with rifle and how many
              with bow :o) LOL... yea, you know me Ms. Bow... have to know :o)
              LOL...

              Congrats on another successful hunt Ann, we're all proud of you.
              Thanks for being an inspiration.

              --- In womenhunters@y..., "redtoads" <redtoads@y...> wrote:
              > Well, really, back from Africa! Once again a stellar time hunting
              > the bush veldt. Took 6 species, steenbuck, Impala, grey duiker,
              > common reedbuck, 2 outstanding nyala bulls and a 6 tusk warthog.
              The
              > wartie has to been seen to believe! A very unique trophy. I can
              > tell you all that leg of steenbuck, nyala tenderloins and impala
              > steaks are wonderful! Plus the fact that my PH can cook!
              >
              > Ok, now that I've warmed up in Africa I am out today after work for
              > the elusive whitetail!
              >
              > How's everyone else's season going so far?
            • Les & Gail
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
                Ann, Congratulations from us, too. How exciting. You are the envy of
                most of us. Do give us the details. Our season started a few weeks
                ago, but there is not much locally, and we don't have any trips
                planned till the end of this month. Been dove and Canadian Goose
                hunting in the fields near our house, but the dove are not plentiful
                the last couple years, and the geese keep varying their path just
                enough to be out of range when they come over each evening. Saw some
                ducks the other night, but the season opens today for 4 days only
                until next month when we have 3 weeks. I'll be out there tonight!
                Gail