Re: Dream hunt

  • BernzoBernie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
      Nice story, Rhonda. I'm still thinking on my dream hunt. I always day-
      dream of Alaska so I thought it a coincidence that you chose Alaska
      also. I would really like to hunt moose in Alaska.

      We didn't get drawn for moose in Maine this year, but I will get to
      hunt black bear and pheasant there this Sept.

      Best regards,
      Bernie

      --- In womenhunters@y..., coloradobowhunter <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > This group is getting a little slow here on posts, so I thought I'd
      > throw in a generic subject... one that everyone can participate in.
      >
      > If you had the means, money and time off from work; to go an enjoy
      > your dream hunt... what and where would you hunt and why. Remember
      > this is your fantasy come true... so to make any dream a reality
      > their must be details... otherwise you'll just receive the outline
      of
      > your dream... Sometime we just get what we wish for, wish big...
      >
      > My dream hunt would start with an all expense paid trip to the
      > Northern Country of Alaska... I would be able to pull a 65# bow
      again
      > with ease, and the bow would be producing some major kenitic
      energy.
      > I would meet up with my outfitter and very handsome guide :o)
      LOL...
      > We would be flown by a bush plane; large enough to carry my makeup
      > bag LOL and all of my other belongings; to the head of a
      beautifully
      > set river in northern Alaska.
      >
      > There we'd transport our belongings onto a flat bottomed boat and
      > start our floating adventure for massive moose, brown bear, wolf
      and
      > caribou... and the journey begins. My very attractive guide also
      has
      > a wonderful sense of humor, so he is not only a delight to look at,
      > he is also a delight to listen to... we start out on our fantastic
      > journey... the first day full of suprises around every bend of the
      > river, new plants, new scenery... new sights, smells and a whole
      lot
      > of conversations. We set up camp, watch the sun set over the
      > mountains and excitment fills the night sky with a small dance of
      the
      > aurora borialis... this all came about 2:00 am. Then... their was a
      > noise, hmmmmm.... a grunt, growl and snap of a jaw... I cannot see
      > into the darkness, but knew a bear was circling the camp... the
      > anxiety starts to rise, the adhrenaline is rushing into my veins...
      > my heart is beating faster in anticipation of sighting the bear.
      The
      > guide tells me to grab my bow for the excitment is about to
      start...
      > it is 4:am now and the sun is starting to lighten the sky.
      >
      > We move out on the track, first by flashlight for the sky isn't
      quite
      > brightened yet... now tracking grizzly with a flashlight is a
      journey
      > all it's own, but god do I feel alive. I can smell the bear in the
      > air, and I wonder if he is sitting awaiting our arival, ready to
      take
      > on the preditor that is stalking him... we turn a bend at the
      rivers
      > edge and there he sits, eating on a dead caribou carcass. We
      approach
      > unnoticed and I set up for a quartering away shot. As I draw my
      bow,
      > he stands and sniffs the air, opening up his vitals for a perfect
      > shot. The arrow is released and if flys true, straight and hits
      it's
      > mark. The bear turns in fury, wondering what it was that just hit
      > him, and he struggles to remove the burried arrow out of his chest.
      > He turns biting, clawing at his side... and you can see the
      majestic
      > power this beautiful animal contains... then with a bawl and a sigh
      > the last dash of life... slowly and silently excapes from this
      > massive creature... and he lies dead in silence. He gave his life
      for
      > me, and I sit in prayer... thanking the Great One for another
      > remarkable experience in the circle of life.
      >

      > Good dreaming to you all!
    • coloradobowhunter
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
        Gail, so sorry to hear about your score in the ASA... darn it anyhow
        some days are just like that. Don't beat yourself up over it, rather
        go out and practice focusing on only your good shots, and forget the
        rest. Now is the time to start re feeding your sub conscious on the
        perfect shot... and keep it positive reinforcing the sub conscious...

        You'll do great on your next tournament... just don't second guess
        yourself. Keep focused.

        Bernie... god it's wonderful to dream of Alaska huh? Maybe it's just
        a short hop skip and jump away... but it seems like a forever dream...

        I know you'll get there... good luck on that black bear, sounds like
        a hoot.

        Later, and good hunting,

      • jl270wby
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
          I guess there are several day dream hunts that I keep in my back
          pocket, so to speak. There's an elk hunt on horseback. There's Always
          an Alaska hunt for moose and brown bear. That's just one those things
          that makes me smile even if I'm stuck in traffic.
          The other hunt that I would very very much like to do is with my
          nephew who is 6 now but some where in next few years I would like to
          take him along when I go hunting. Someday soon......

          Jean
        • Tink
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
            Rhonda Deer

            Sounds great You will be back before you know it. You are startignto sound like the rhonda we all know and love. need to spend more tiemin Alaska too.

            good huntin

            Tink
            SR OTM
            coloradobowhunter <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Gail, so sorry to hear about your score in the ASA... darn it anyhow

          • oklahoma_whitetail
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2002
              Rhonda, what a lovely story. Started me thinking about my dream
              hunt. After alot of thinking, I found that it doesn't involve alot
              of travel. It doesn't involve exotic game. I'd like to have several
              hundred (really THOUSANDS) of acres in the hills somewhere with a big
              cabin on it. I'd like to be able to walk out my front door onto our
              own property to one of the several stands we have set up and hunt
              whatever game is in season. My choice, my time, our land. That's
              it. Nothing fancy, just expensive.
              --Happy Hunting!
              tina