Re: SCI fundraiser

  • oklahoma_whitetail
    Message 1 of 13000 , Mar 1, 2001
      Bethany and TxLadyHunter---<br><br>We do the
      shotshell game for our NWTF banquets. I have several
      keychains from past banquets. Pretty nice
      souvenir.<br><br>We also have the "Pluck the Turkey" game where you
      take a decoy, punch holes in it and fill the holes
      with tickets. Some have "Free", "$5", or "$10" on them
      and when you pull the ticket, you pay the price. The
      ticket is split and the drawing held at the end of the
      evening. <br><br>This year, we decided to change it and
      ended up with a "Grope the Hunter" game. We put a full
      set of camo on a mannequin with a turkey vest and hid
      the tickets in all the pockets. Our Regional Director
      had a great time selling it. We didn't put $ on the
      tickets this time either, but we did put "Instant Winner"
      on them and gave away some calls, hats, etc. Then
      when we did the final giveaway, we had a choice of a
      Mossy Oak package, 2 shotguns or an autographed cap.
      with your banquet.<br>tina
    • theresastruckstop
      Message 13000 of 13000 , Sep 22, 2005
        While reading back on old messages this one caught my eye with me being
        from northeast Ms and on the TN stateline. Yesterday my husband went
        down and was clearing the land off and getting it ready for us and he
        said in one area that it looked like mating season for water mosc. he
        said they were balled up everywhere. Big ones. I said, ok, I am not
        going in there and that is where all the deer are. lol Of course
        when it gets cold we dont see them, but, now where the slew is where I
        watch the big buck, there is some monster snakes in there. I am ready
        for cool weather now for sure. Bring the frost on, bring cold and snow
        on. Oh snow, we use to have that, but seems we get ice storms now.
        One good snow would be good for a change. Yea I am scared of the
        snakes too.